Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Err E06-0313

I did not get this error until I updated to 1.175. I am thinking about going back to 1.170 and see if it gose away. Anyone think this is a good idea or not?
    Poppy

Quote Originally Posted by lhanner View Post
    I did not get this error until I updated to 1.175. I am thinking about going back to 1.170 and see if it gose away. Anyone think this is a good idea or not?
    It will not cost you anthing to try!!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I have 1.175 and 1.153 still installed. I tried with both versions ad still got a z stall error. I was hoping it was just something to do with 1.175 but no such luck for me.
    Gimme Steam.

Well if you been following my post this is whats happening now. For the last 3 days I fire up my cw, and it goes through the honing process, I select 7 ON the key pad and it ask me to load the board I want to measure. I load it it measure both the width and length, but when I select to measure the thickness it ask me to load the 1/8 cutting bit I do it goes over to the flapper the bit touches and it come back to the left then it give me the E06-0313 error. Now I try the process all over again and it gives me the E06-0313 error. I can turn off the cw and leave it set for 2 hours and it will do the measure as explained above. I talked to Philip today he ask me to check the voltage on the power supply. Turn power ON Set the volt reader meter @ 200v dc then check the yellow & black for 24v and The red & black for 5v . I got the correct readings. You would think that would rule out the power supply right ? So, now I am wondering if it is a bad controller. Again anyones thoughts or suggestions. I am going on week 9 of being down. I am bound and determined to fix this thing.
    Poppy

Unfortunately I dont think it is that cut & dry. The power supply really needs to be tested "under load". Many times a power supply, battery, etc will show the right voltage if tested with no load, but as soon as you place a load on the line the voltage could drop way off. I'm sure the more savy hardware guys will jump in with a better explaination.
    Last edited by dbfletcher; 10-27-2010 at 09:28 AM.
    Doug Fletcher

Lon....

Humor me.... Load the 1/16 carving bit rather than the 1/8th inch cutting bit and do the same thing. BUT if it passes the setup STOP the machine before the Cut Motor starts to cut.

I want to see if the 1/8 inch bit is TOO LONG in the holder....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

1/8th inch cutting bit too long happen to me using rock chuck shorten the bit works great using 175

Default Possible solution

Today I removed the protective housing surrounding the 14 pin connector on the back of the z motor. Before that I carefully removed the FFC Ribbon wire. I decided to see what the machine would do without the FFC connected. It powered up and almost instantly gave me the 0313 error. That told me that my problem definitely lies with the FFC. I blew out the 14 pin connector and reinserted the FFC without the protective cover. Fired the machine and everything works just fine. I think what happened was a small amount of dust made its way into the connector and was causing the error. I am going to run a project and see how it goes.
    Gimme Steam.

Another note to add. With all the dust and all the moving parts; static electricity can build up on connectors causing them to act erratic or blocking the signal all togeather. Sometimes just powering down, then disconnecting the cable and reconnecting it will remove the static charge. This used to be a problem with computers years ago. If you are careful its worth a try.
    Gimme Steam.

Yes I think it is to long, I did what you said with the 1/16th cutting bit and it went through just fine. Then I did the following, 1st I set the 1/8 bit to 1” from bottom of the bit to the top of the Colet. I notice that when the bit touched the flapper it bent the flapper downward. I’m just guessing it bent downward at lest 1/32 or maybe more. FYI I am using the 1/8 bit I got from Ron Justice. 2nd took the bit over to the grinder and ground off roughly 1/8”, and went back through the process and it measured the thickness just fine. Now I would like to tell you I have my machine back up and running, AL it looks as if your were right. It was in the power supply the connector that leads from the power supply to the controller. The yellow wire was lose. I resodered the wire and that did the trick. Now this is how I determined it was a power I set my CW up on blocks high enough so I could connect the leads from the volt meter to the power cable and turned on the CW and watched as it was going through the honing process and bam the power dropped from 24v to 11v. it went back up to 24v as soon as I powered off and back on.
    Last edited by lhanner; 10-27-2010 at 06:34 PM.
    Poppy

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast