Thread: Designer = Blue screen

Question Designer = Blue screen

I've been absent for several months (before the forum's format was changed). When I open Designer my computer shuts down windows and goes to blue screen.
    The message says, "Windows has shut down to avoid serious damage to your computer..."
    Trying to fix it, I have uninstalled Designer three times and and reinstalled (latest is 1.175) with no luck. Still getting shut down to blue screen. Help anyone? Thanks in advance.
    Jerry

Joanne and me enjoying a beautiful fall in Spearfish Canyon in the Black Hills.

Jerry have you tried installing a different version of the designer? Or re-downloading 1.175 from LHR? I would try a different designer and if it works it may be a virus or something going wrong with your computer?

Ike

What operating system are you on and are you following the special instructions for Vista & Windows 7 that ask you to run as administrator? Normally, if this is the problem it gives you the "Invalid License Code" error. Not heard of it giving you a blue screen. When you uninstall it are you doing it through Control Panel?

Jerry:

I show you as an educator and all of your licenses are in use. Send an email to sales@carvewright.com or better yet, call sales at 713-473-6572. I'll walk you through it.

Also, if you are doing it through the school's network you are more than likely encountering their firewall.