Thread: Z axis Error 313 Help/Advice

Exclamation Z axis Error 313 Help/Advice

I keep getting a z axis stall, error 313. After noticing ridges and uneven carve regions, I did a good clean job and removed the back cover of the z motor and found some dust, and blew off the encoding disk as I have read here on the forum and in the CW service PDFs. After putting th emachine back together I was about 70% through a carve when it 'bottomed' out and actualy carved through the peice and inot the carrier board. Since then, the machine will start a project and go through set up all the way to 'load bit,' after which as the machine begins to find the surface it stalls, quits and then the same message comes up: Z Axis Stall, error 313. I have the latest version and have re-formatted the card several times; I have treid every tip I could find on the forum and contacted support. Support never really replied to the problem and I haven't been able to get through on the phone (limited time at my 'real' job to call). It appears that I might need to replace the Z-pack, but am posting this thread in a final effort to see if there may be another remedy before I dish out some $$. Would re-calibrating help? Any info will be greatly appreciated!

If you have the old Z pack, this may be the problem. Al (who) has covered this extensively; you might be able to find the symptoms of this malady in one of his posts.
    Check the FFC (flat wire thingy) for any breaks, creases, or other damage. May be a fatigue failure of one or more of the filaments (or whatever they're called).
    Ron

Ron, thanks. I will give the FFC ( I understand which flat wire thingy you speak of) and good check in the morning. I will also re-read all the posts that can (Al is a tremendious source of info, isn't he? - Thanks Al).

Eddie

I just commented on a post about the z axis error 313 on another post a few days ago. Mind was due to the tool started to come out a little and when it went to the flag plate that is where it would stall, after taking the tool out and resetting it's length it worked fine......but I understand there are a lot of different reasons for the 313 error, good luck in finding which one it is.

CJ
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

I had a Z axis Stall Error E06-0313. I discovered at some time I had drilled a
    shallow hole in the rod where the cutting bit homes. When the y carriage
    traveled to the slide bar it seemed to put ti much pressure on the tip and
    stall. I filled the hole that had been cut in the home possition and allworks
    fine.