Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doing its own thing!

Default Doing its own thing!

No matter what i have tried this project goes in all the wrong directions. It starts off good, then gets a mind of its own. I have uploaded a screen shot of the pattern, and plenty of attempts at getting it to work. After the start it picks a time and either gradualy sinks, takes a plunge to the end of the pattern or just plain hicupps. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_0377_copy_467.jpg   img_0376_copy_133.jpg   img_0375_copy_544.jpg   img_0374_copy_121.jpg  

img_0372_copy_920.jpg   img_0371_copy_171.jpg   img_0367_copy_209.jpg   screenshot_193.jpg  

You obviously have a software or firmware glitch. Do no more and call Carvewright for a fix.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

It looks like it might not be finding the correct board height. Is there a depression, dip, knot hole when it does the board height test? Or, perhaps a cupped/twisted board?
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Default wacky carving

I would agree on the cupped or twisted board. I have found that I get bad carvings unless the boards are very flat and untwisted. If a board is warped it will sometimes not be fed through the rollers properly. It has become hard to find wood, from home centers, that is NOT warped, cupped, twisted, etc. One must sort through a lot of wood to find something suitable.

Forgive me if this is a no go, but could the problem with cupped boards and other irregularities, colour/knots etc, be solved if you made up a thin carrier with a built in clamping system ?

If I ever get a machine this is going to be very necessary for me, and I envisage a lightweight vacuum bed, sized to fit the machine from the word go.

John

Thanks, but none of the boards are deformed at all. Each of the pix are from different boards. It is iether a mechanical or software problem from what i can tell.

7. Default

Please give us a call, the guys here can walk you through some checks to figure what is going on with your machine.
    Chris Morlier
    CarveWright

I called and was told someone would call me back shortly, that was over an hour ago. Im not complaining yet. I just keep getting a busy signal when I call back, I understand it is a very busy place. It took me almost 3 days to get a call through the first time. So I will keep calling and waiting. Thanks.

9. Default

I apologize for the response time. Our phones have been busy, but their is usually a line open.

Just FYI, our support@carvewright.com email address is also a great way to get through to us.
    Chris Morlier
    CarveWright

Thanks for the help and the quick response, I will be counting down the time till I can cranker back up. Thanks again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast