Thread: Memory card Sticking

Default Memory card Sticking

The memory card really sticks when inserted into my CW. It takes a great deal of pressure to remove it from the slot. What can I lubricate this with? I don't want to damage anything.

I had the same problem with a card I bought. I called CW and also questioned the form. from what I understand its in our mind. I put duct tape on the pulling end of mine that way I have a something good to tug at and I've learned to live with it. My other two cards work fine so regardless what CW told me the card was not QC'd.
    Richard

There must be some way to lubricate the memory card. I know stuck. The card is stuck. Maybe a tiny bit of dielectric grease?

Try a little wax on the edges -

I have 4 CW Memory Cards, two that don't stick and two that I put tape on that do.
    I used 1" Fiber Packing on mine, like I've seen a few other use, -- it's a little thinner than
    Duct Tape and a bit stronger.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tape on Memory Card.jpg  
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

The tape is a good idea. I've been using it since it was first suggested, I think by Ken.
    Ron

Thanks guys. I'll try the tape as soon as I get the cable-come-along off of the memory card . . .