Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Vector Conform feature

I don't think shipping applies!
    If I remember correctly, this is not the first time shipping was listed in error (and refunded post haste).
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

I think it is pure b***t that we have to pay for this feature. It should be included in the centerline text package or if you already own the centerline text package it should be an upgrade. That is the problem with companies today-they dont want to reward loyalty...what a bunch of c**p....keep your software!!!!
    Last edited by pkunk; 10-05-2010 at 10:49 AM. Reason: cuss words

You know, now that I think about it, my SUV has a hatch door on the rear, but I have to open and close it manually. I think that GM should add the automatic opener and closer that they now offer on their new models. I'll have to see if they'll do that. Thanks for the idea, Griz64.
    Bob Hill

To Al, AskBud, Liquid Guitars and all you other Crazy Carving Guru's.... I can't wait to see what you guy's have created with this new software! Though I only make small embossing plates with Corian to emboss Veg-Tan leather, I leave it up to your knowledgeable hands to show the rest of us what it can do.

I don't believe $50.00 is an unfair price. However, I am a little sceptic when it comes to new version upgrades and software. I rather someone else be the crash test dummy.... I mean beta tester.

Again, can't wait and thanks!

Dan, Dan the Leather Man
    LeatherMan from:
    www.JustLeather.Com

Hi Dan,

I haven't started any projects yet, But I Have been playing around with a few ideas.
    It's got my attention, and I can imagine several project possibilities.
    Maybe I'll have more time to work with it this weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Raster Verses Conform Vector Centerline.jpg  
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

6. Default

I know this point has been made before, but I have seen lots of expensive software packages that you had to pay for updates. Updates are free with designer! Many other software packages charge for additional modules, I don't see any problem with this. Actually I'm happy to pay $50 for the new vector conform feature. However, if it's not worth it to you then you have the option of not buying it.

Im afraid to agree with some since I usually have never had many problems with the CW or software, however in these times I do find the the $50 charge a bit steep and do believe it should have been available with the original Centerline cost.
    I'm a professional toothpick maker.
    TK Designs

I think it's really cool, I also have to agree about the cost being a bit high for something we've pretty much already paid for once (if you have centerline text) and we paid a lot for it too. ($100) But I don't think our complaining is going to do any good, and if you don't do a lot of your own design well I guess it really isn't worth the $50, I want to wait and see what others really think of it, and also see if a file can be cut without having it on your computer, such as someone who makes a custom file and sends it to someone else, why couldn't they cut it like they do with centerline text.....

CJ
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

I've just played with the demo, but I have a small check box next to the "size" boxes with the words Conform next to it. I went entered my text as normal and placed it over a carved area. Just to see how it worked i de-selected to box and the carved text disappeared until I dragged it over a uncarved area. Looks like it works very well in the demo, but I can't save or carve anything yet.

That is a good point.... For someone who is on the fence about the $50.00 could send a file with the text to someone with the tool and let them manipulate the text. Send it back and see if it will cut without buying it.

The Trick is to tell the person the name of the font as if they don't have that font on the tool computer then it will subsutitute..... And as Chris and I found out.... Not tell you it changed the font.... We learned the hard way.... I cut the wrong fonts....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast