Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Vector Conform feature

I really have to admit, --- I'm a sucker for new up-grade stuff like this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Oh Ya .jpg  
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Can't wait for this to be implemented and available. Centerline has been the greatest feature of the CW and Designer and this expands the design features more than anything used to date for me. The mind reels with designs and layers never tried before for fear of messing up a piece while trying to trick the machine. Bring it on . . Please.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

I still haven't heard the reply to what the guesstimated cost of the new feature is gonna be, any ideas yet? From what I see like on the shell picture and the text it looks like the carve of the lettering maintains equal depth over the shell carving. Is this correct on what this conform feature does? Thanks

CJ
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Even I can see the advantage to that sucker. Take a lot of hard work and made is simple from one program. NICE!
    Just got the e-mule about it from LHR. Looks like the cost will be $49.99
    Last edited by Smoken D; 10-04-2010 at 06:39 PM.

Thumbs down New Centerline Carving

I see that LHR came up with a way to carve within a carved area, Great. However, the upgrade should of with the cost of the CenterLine software. I don't see how LHR can justify an additional fifty dollars for a upgrade that should of been with the CenterLine software to begin with. Sorry, but I don't see the value here.

I still say $50 is a lot for a feature that in my opinion should have been present in the software to begin with. One of the main reasons I chose the CW was because the software was more user friendly and all-in-one than the competitors. Now if a person wants all of the software available they should count on $750 over the cost of the machine. So, I'll hold off until I need it. I am glad the solution exists if I do need it some day. Being able to demo the features is a nice thing. Just my opinion.

50.00? sweet, thats less that two new carbide bit's, from a testing stand point we have more man hrs testing it than 50.00 bucks but this is why it's a optional buy. " insert happy face"
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 10-04-2010 at 08:20 PM.

Fifty Bucks.... I will be buying it.... It will save me TIME doing the Maltese Cross clocks and this opens the door for some interesting stuff....

I won't defend or complain about the price too much.... It's a Business.... LHR keeping it's doors open is a good thing.... They have a new product.... I want and need it.... I will pay for it......

Just as soon as I get the money..... It has been slow and checking is down to fifty bucks.... But the signs I am painting tonight at 10 PM and cutting tomorrow will help.... Fire stuff has just died.... ???

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Gotta get some Nickels to rub together first

Ps Just Confirmed it with CarveWright -- NO Shipping Charge
    With Carvers Club Membership -- 10% Off this month = $44.99
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carvers Club Special Offer - October 2010.jpg  
    Last edited by Kenm810; 10-06-2010 at 12:53 PM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Isnt this going to be just an "activation code" like the other software? Are they really charging for shipping too? (ken's pic)
    Doug Fletcher

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast