Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Vector Conform feature

Default New Vector Conform feature

first line of Changelog for 1.175:
    "Added Vector Conform feature, which allows vector paths to be mapped to a surface"

This is a feature I requested a while back, but I am lost on how to use it. Anyone familiar with this?

Hello,

That feature allows a vector (that you have assigned a bit for) to "flow" over contours... and, perhaps most exciting, it allows us to do Centerline text within a Carve Region!!!

Example 1:

1) Make a Carve Region
    2) Place some Centerline Text in it
    3) You will see that Centerline will now work within the carve region with no risky "workarounds"

Example 2:

1) Create a domed shape
    2) Draw some vectors over it
    3) Assign a bit to the vector(s)
    4) You will see that the depth assigned to the bit will "flow" evenly over irregular shapes/domes/etc.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

3. Default

That was one of the great missing feature of the designer software, thanks for including this!
    May you be well, may you find happiness! : - )
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyeka View Post
    That was one of the great missing feature of the designer software, thanks for including this!
    Hi Pratyeka,

I believe the Conform Vector feature will be an add-on option (like STL,DXF,Centerline, although it will likely be very modestly priced). The newest version of Designer has been programmed to accept the option (similar to what was done in previous versions to be able to accept the other optional add-ons).
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

It is great that this feature is finally implemented, it is long overdue. But why does it only work in "demo" mode and not allowed to be saved or uploaded on my software. I hope we are not going to have to pay $$$$ for this!

Edit: Missed the last post. That really stinks if we have to pay! This should be considered an improvement on existing software, not an additional feature.
    Last edited by brdad; 10-04-2010 at 12:15 PM.

Hello,

The programmers have been very busy making "Demo Modes" to enable users to test/try optional add-on features, which is really nice. I believe we can now "test drive" all the options, including STL, DXF, CenterLine and the new Conform Vectors option.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Thanks MT, that is interesting news.....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Thanks MT, that is interesting news.....

AL
    Hi AL,

The Conform Vectors option is the "neat thing" that I couldn't tell you about during our phone conversation. I kinda figured you would find it exciting!

EDIT: I added some quicky screenshots using the Conform Vector option
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CV_screenshot1.gif   CV_screenshot2.gif   CV_screenshot3.gif  
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 10-04-2010 at 01:53 PM. Reason: added some screenshots
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

MT, I was really really really hoping it was a feed rate slider for Cut Path.........

I did enjoy our over 4 hour converstion.... That has lead me to talking to Mario the Tool Talker Guy a few times.... He is making a production version or a beta version.... I might find myself a tester....

He knows the "Secrets" of the DB 25 Connector on the back of the machine as he is using that to interface the talker... I would love to know the secrets too but that would be a violation of the trust between LHR and Mario so I did not even ask.

I did get LHR's Attention with my last Feed Rate RANT.... So the ball is back in the Programmers Court and I will go back to normal advice giving and get off my soap box.... It could be moisture content of the wood that caused my last 1/8 inch bit to break.... My sign that I cut with the 3/8 inch bit using the Modern Font and Outline sat a week with primer and brown paint. I went to paint the letters last night and the letters were undercut..... ????? The only way the sides of the 3/8 inch bit letters with flush cut sided could become undercut is for the below the surface wood to SHRINK..... I need to find my Moisture Meter and check the boards from my new Wood Source...... A Lumber Mill, selling Kiln Dried wood for 1/2 of my lumber yard.... So that may account for the strange sound doing a cut path at .4 per pass.

Enough of this rant.... Off Topic....

Thanks Buddy,

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 10-04-2010 at 01:38 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Mt,

Will this only work with shapes created in designer or will this work over a pattern?
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast