Thread: Carvewright upgrade package

Default Carvewright upgrade package

Anyone familar with the CW upgrade offer. $400 seems a lot for the new spindle and traction belts.

I have one of the original A series with about 300 hours on it and was wondering whether the upgrade was worth it. Or should I wait until I have a major problem.

The description on there website says they will also go through it and let you know if anything needs upgraded and you know there has been a lot of upgrades since "08 and "06 when I got mine. Then for an extra fee , they will fix it . Mine probably needs so many upgrsdes it would probably be close to the price of a new one.
    later Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

i've got an original too. if its workin then your chuck is probably a good one like mine i wouldnt bother with it till the chuck goes.
    my patterns are at www.upillar.com do a search for "ptn"

email for patterns: patternmaster@live.com

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

That price includes shipping & insurance both ways, I believe.

Didn't get the upgrade but did just install the CarveTight last Wednesday and it is great. Everything they said it would be, very little sanding needed.