Thread: need help on local school pattern

Default need help on local school pattern

tryin to make a pattern for ASU Redwolfs with this image and the outcome is terrible any help will be appreciated or anything with ASU Redwolfs will work
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails do1a3o579hdq60lgcs166nxbh[1].gif  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Noname.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	38659Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Noname1.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	150.1 KB 
ID:	38660Arkansas.mpcNot sure about the text, but this should carve pretty well. You can always eliminate the text from the pattern itself, then add real text that would probably carve better.

I can't attach the ptn, and I'm not sure the mpc is attached either (both pretty large to preserve detail). If you want to pm me with your email address, I can send them to you.

Hope this helps.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

thanks Jerry this worked out great
    steve

Glad to help.

My fixes were all done in Pattern Editor, with the exception of finding the highest res pic of the logo on the internet, taking it into Irfanview, making it greyscale, and increasing the res even further.

I've found with a 2-color logo brought into PE (the two colors being simply black and white) that you have an image/ptn in PE that's either at the top of the height scale, or at the bottom. I remove the background with the magic wand tool, then lower the overall height of the ptn. Continue to save it as you go along, as you get it where you want it (been sometime since PE has crashed for me, but after about an hour of messing with a ptn, and having PE crash tends to ruin my day) so you can go back and retrieve the ptn if you need to.

My favorite tools in PE are the smooth and the blur tools. The smooth tool gives you a range of smoothness to go for, but the blur tool can be manipulated with your cursor. You can zoom in close to the image, use the blur tool to clean up finite edges of, say a letter, etc. There are times when I can zoom out on the image somewhat, and just run the blur tool over the entire image.

I'll get it where I think I want it, then take it into Designer and see how it looks on the virtual board. If there are areas that aren't right, back into PE it goes for another fix.

I am by no means an expert with PE - I'm probably in the 30th percentile of guys that use it. I am, however, pretty stubborn, and I just keep messing around, undoing what doesn't work, and moving on.

Like any pattern, I'm just trying to eliminate those severe edges that tend to cause chip-out, being mindful of areas that are so thin that they will chip out as well, zooming in real close to see if the ptn's smooth enough, etc. (thanks again, ChrisAlb).

There are several other tools in PE that can fix an image even further, most of which I don't even know how to use. If we spent as much time learning PE as we do learning other programs we pay a ton of money for, we'd be better off.

Again, glad I could help.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright