Thread: Loosing definition

Default Loosing definition

I'm using a free pattern of a rearing horse. I've reduced it's size to about 1.5" tall, I've set the height to 25. Regardless of any settings I can find (height & draft), the legs are thinner than they should be. I cannot change anything with pattern editor. Any ideas?
    Also, I'm can't change the thickness of on object that I scanned.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky3213 View Post
    I'm using a free pattern of a rearing horse. I've reduced it's size to about 1.5" tall, I've set the height to 25. Regardless of any settings I can find (height & draft), the legs are thinner than they should be. I cannot change anything with pattern editor. Any ideas?
    Also, I'm can't change the thickness of on object that I scanned.
    Hello,

Without actually seeing the pattern itself, it's hard to know exactly how to help. Since it was a free pattern, post it here so we can take a look. In the meantime...

1) ...some patterns simply don't reduce or enlarge very well depending upon how the "creator" made them

2) ...try different Bit Optimization settings to see if that helps (right-click on the selected pattern...choose various Optimizations from the list and view the result on-screen)
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

if it had slim legs at full size it will be skinny legs when reduced. 9 post to go them i'm a real person!
    my patterns are at www.upillar.com do a search for "ptn"

email for patterns: patternmaster@live.com

Attachment 38568 I think I've added the file that shows the disproportionate skinny legs. I've had a dozen tries on this, my first, project. A little discouraged so I took a couple days off.

5. Default

Some pattern does not do well at that small size due to the machine capability. Rule of thumb, when carving large size pattern increase the depth value and small size pattern decrease the depth value. Use bit optimization best and set the height to 999.
    Hope this help.
    HT
    H. T.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Friends Don't Let Friends Use bad patterns!
    For high quality patterns please email me or check out my website at: http://carvenow.com . Thanks!
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Quote Originally Posted by TIMCOSBY View Post
    9 post to go them i'm a real person!
    Won't even get you a cup of coffee, Tim.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright