Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next project carved rasied panel door

Default Next project carved rasied panel door

Some time back I purchased a china cabnet for my wife. It is made of maple with glass doors on top and solid doors on the bottom section. The bottom doors looked good, with a design in them which neither she nor I liked. Upon closer inspection I found the insert was made of plastic. Today I removed the doors, and removed the plastic inserts that are laid in place in a dado, with 1/8 plywood backing. Since the wood is maple and the size is 12x13.75 insert, I glued up some maple for carving. I am attaching the images of the carved inserts I came up with. Remember around the outside is for the raised panel routing once removed from the CW.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Hi Eddie,

Can't wait to see your photos of the finished product - it's gonna be wonderful!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Plans sometimes get placed on a back burner. I hope to get at least one door carved tomorrow. Step daughter lost her baby this morning, and most of the day Holly and I spent it at the hospital with her. She is doing fine just a very emotional day. This would have been her first.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Sorry to hear about your loss. Our thougths are with you.
    Doug Fletcher

Oue sympathies are with your step daughter Eddie and your family from your Forum friends.

Bruce kinney
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Thanks for your thoughts everyone.

MT forgot to say thank you for your comment on the panel.

Eddie

50 % into the first door carving, it is looking good. maple sure carves nice.

Eddie

Doors are finished and installed. Image below is of the two doors before installation. Now if the kids will move out (again) I may be able to put the china cabinet in its rightful place. We have gone from a house hold of 2, to 4 to 6 now. Boy does my garage shop look good to me now days.

Eddie

That looks absolutely beautiful. I may have to take mine down, they are plain inside and see if they are carvable.
    Eva

Great Job, really looks nice!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast