Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice on Rock Chuck is there service

Quote Originally Posted by rjustice View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I was on an extended camping vacation in the mountains of West Virginia, and had no cell, or internet connections.. Very frustrating since I took everything needed to do business on the road, but very relaxing on the other hand Thanks for helping while i was out!

Ron
    Welcome back Ron,

I guess that's what one gets for trying to have a life sometimes. Maybe it's time to invest in backpack satellite gear . . . or to just figure sometimes we have to really get away in order to re-charge one's personal battery.
    Glad you got the camping break.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Thanks Capt Bruce... Sad thing is that I have a Verizon Wireless "air card" that plugs into the computer, but it uses the Cell Phone towers to connect... No Luck! It is always hard to catch up when you get back after being out of touch electronically!

I really did enjoy our trip though... we ended up finding a nice state park that we will no doubt return to. I would recommend it to anyone that likes to camp. the name is Beech Fork near Huntington, West Virginia. Most camp sites are lake front. It was a very nice couple of weeks. Fish jumping, deer walking within 20 feet, blue herron, ducks, geese, mountains, and perfect blue skies in the background... it was a sight to behold...

Thanks again for your patience guys!

Best regards,

Ron
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

I orderd the same 1/2x3/8 adapter and received a 1/2x1/4 . Have not been able to contact them.

Red face

Reminds me of retirement. Been retired 10 years now, haven't had a day off or a vacation since I retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    I orderd the same 1/2x3/8 adapter and received a 1/2x1/4 . Have not been able to contact them.
    Ric click on my email below in my signature, and send me your order number. i will check into it...

Thanks,

Ron
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

Let's not forget that this is the 'CarveWright' forum. Vendors of CW related products should not be taking care of business here.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Quote Originally Posted by cgittins View Post
    Doug
    Yes I have only used 1/4" shafts in the rock chuck.
    And it appears I am not the only one waiting to hear from Ron.
    I also don't feel is not my job to start banging around inside the chuck. I don't have any idea how it is put together
    and feel at this point all I can do is ruin something. Then it is my fault.
    Take a mirror and position it so you can see inside the chuck. Now insert the hex wrench into the set screw and move it slightly. This will give you an understanding how the chuck lock works. Once you understand how it works you will be able to avoid this problem in the future.

I love my rock chuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Birt View Post
    Let's not forget that this is the 'CarveWright' forum. Vendors of CW related products should not be taking care of business here.
    Funny you should say that when your signature SCREAMS in triple size fonts that you sell CW accessories too. Granted, you are not "taking care of business", just looking for it right? I'm just saying...

Some of us had a bit of trouble and this is the first place to look. It's also funny that the RC wasn't an issue while it was saving LHR a ton of money in repair and support costs - so much so that they sort of knocked it off... Again, I'm just sayin'.
    ROCKin' with my Dust Collector - Get the mpc here
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ve-it-yourself

Part of the job of a moderator is to help steer things back on course when they get close to the edge. Please take a look a look at the forum posting guidelines w.r.t. commercial postings and you'll see what I am referring to; conducting personal business on CarveWright's website is not OK. Links in a signature are not a problem. There is also no need to make a smart alec comment back to a moderator.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Birt View Post
    There is also no need to make a smart alec comment back to a moderator.
    Do the forum posting guidelines say anything about moderators calling CUSTOMERS names like "smart alec"? My comment was merely an observation of the truth and name calling should be left for the school yard. The fact that you throw your moderator status around in a threatening manner says enough and I have no more to say on this matter.
    ROCKin' with my Dust Collector - Get the mpc here
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ve-it-yourself

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12