Thread: Stations of the Cross

Default Stations of the Cross

Here is a set of "The Stations of the Cross" im just finishing up. The school my granddaughter goes to just built a new school this summer and these are going in there.There are 14 different ones. The best part was getting her to help over her summer vacation and feel like she played a big part in what her school will have on display. She is only in first grade but after all the attention she has received from it so far (and there not even hung up yet)it may be her favorite toy also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Station1.JPG   Station2.JPG   Station3.JPG   Station4.JPG  

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Scanning with Carvewight Probe and Next Engine 3d Laser Scanner HD
    If you have any scanning needs let us know.Check Out Our Patterns in the depot under eromran

If you allow it to happen, you can let today erase all of yesterday or if you choose,you can let yesterday erase the rest of your life.
    Ed

Very nice looking Ed. That was one of the modelling jobs I wanted to do..haven't gotten around to it...they came out very nice looking
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Hello Ed,

Outstanding work. Very, very nice!

Will you describe your 'process' of this project? I know we will all enjoy hearing more about it! Looks like the carves are onlayed onto the oak backing. The photos show kind of a golden 'sheen' on the carvings too.
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 08-29-2010 at 05:41 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

In designer I used pierce cut instead of using the cutting bit and cut it @ best which left very little if any sanding that way in all the creases the stain absorbed more making it look like shadows (any excuse not to sand ).On the Carvings I used select pine stained with classic oak and wiped off right away to keep it light.Then coated the pieces with the same two part epoxy I use on my canoes but without the fiberglass. Like you said the back board is oak stained with classic oak also but I let it almost dry completely then wipe it off/in. Glued the two pieces together then coat the whole thing with epoxy again.The reason for not putting it all together then epoxy it in one step was ---The pictures do not show it very good because the epoxy is so clear and the camera just picks up the wood but it is pretty thick stuff and this way it looks like you can see around the figures.It really gives it a nice effect that the camera is not going to show.

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Scanning with Carvewight Probe and Next Engine 3d Laser Scanner HD
    If you have any scanning needs let us know.Check Out Our Patterns in the depot under eromran

If you allow it to happen, you can let today erase all of yesterday or if you choose,you can let yesterday erase the rest of your life.
    Ed

Default Wow

Beautiful, nice contrast. I love the way you used the grains and stains.
    Eva

6. Default

In nomine Patris et fillii et Spiritus Sancti, those really turned out well. I'm definitely bumping them up closer to the top of my want list. How large are these carved? Thanks for sharing these with us.

Bill.....