Thread: Z axis problem

Smile Z axis problem

Can anyone tell me what causes strips of different depths? Some passes of the cutter are a little deeper than they should be. In the photo, the bottom is the start of the pattern. A strip showed up at about 0.8 inch to 1.0inch. I'm not using expensive wood yet but need this resolved.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails carvewright1.JPG  

I think we will need to see the MPC.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

I found the problem only to discover another. The problem cause came to me in the middle of the night. My project piece was 1/16 higher than my sled. When the piece went under the overhead roller the piece was moved. My sled is deeper now but carpet tape failed to hold it in place. Now I have to figure out how to hold the piece. On the bright side; the carver did a beautiful job on the grips right up until the piece came loose and was cut in two. This is my first project so bear with me if I don't know what a MPC is.
    Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky3213 View Post
    I found the problem only to discover another. The problem cause came to me in the middle of the night. My project piece was 1/16 higher than my sled. When the piece went under the overhead roller the piece was moved. My sled is deeper now but carpet tape failed to hold it in place. Now I have to figure out how to hold the piece. On the bright side; the carver did a beautiful job on the grips right up until the piece came loose and was cut in two. This is my first project so bear with me if I don't know what a MPC is.
    Rocky
    In my signature, below, is a "Download" section. There, you will find a lesson on "Multi-Use Sleds". Perhaps that will help you see how some of us hold our project board in place (Rather than using tape).
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky3213 View Post
    ...This is my first project so bear with me if I don't know what a MPC is.
    Rocky
    Hi Rocky,

The software manual describes all the different file types (the MPC file type/extension is a project). If you have not downloaded the complete software manual yet (it is chock-full of great info you will need), here is the link...http://www.carvewright.com/service/M...are_Manual.pdf

Also, please read the Tips & Tricks newsletters (if you haven't already). They can help you avoid a LOT of unnecessary headaches. The link for the Tips & Tricks is below my signature...
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══