Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My First Carves, Special THANKS To Forum

Default Great project

Jonathan,

That was indeed a well executed project, one that you should be very proud of; and it is right here in town!

It certainly dwarfs my current undertakings.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Excellent work! Way to scale up! I love it! I absolutely love seeing this kind of stuff done with the CW!

So, I guess the acrylic DC worked out for you. All I can say is that looks awesome!
    It's kind of funny, I pretty much only use my CW for projects similar to yours. I'm a HUGE replica prop lover/builder. I'm building a full scale Robot Monster (from the bad 50's movie) right now, however, there is not too much for the CW on that project.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan68 View Post
    I purchased my CarveWright system last September specifically for this project which means I had no experience with it whatsoever when I started. Had it not been for this forum and the wonderful advice from the users, I would have been at a stand still. A special thanks to Bud, Dock, and user GlassOcean. I hope the strange shapes and photos that you viewed when I asked you countless questions will now make sense.

The bunk beds I made with the help of my this forum and the CarveWright system are viewable here. I've also included a few photos below.

Attachment 38077 Attachment 38073 Attachment 38074 Attachment 38075 Attachment 38076

http://gizmodo.com/5537630/crazy-diy...alker-bunk-bed

I can only echo the comments everyone else has all ready said. The FORCE is definitely with you!.
    Gimme Steam.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HelpBot3000 View Post
    EPIC! For those who don't know I am a huge (borderline obsessive) Star Wars fanatic and even at 28 years old I would be thrilled to sleep in that bed. Way to go and I hope to see many more projects to come.
    LOL!! I'm over 60 and I would like that bed!!! Way cool dude! There has been many a time I was wishing that R2 was riding with me.

Thanks Doc, I'd like to show it to you sometime. Maybe the next time I'm in Waynesville.

Yes, the kids have logged countless hours in them already. There are laser stars on the ceiling and Star Wars posters everywhere. It's an impressive room.

I did use the Project Designer Software. I did use the STL Importer. I would be happy to give you the story. Did you get a chance to view the website I posted?

Quote Originally Posted by glassocean View Post
    So, I guess the acrylic DC worked out for you. All I can say is that looks awesome!
    It's kind of funny, I pretty much only use my CW for projects similar to yours. I'm a HUGE replica prop lover/builder. I'm building a full scale Robot Monster (from the bad 50's movie) right now, however, there is not too much for the CW on that project.

Jeff
    Would that be Robbie the Robot by chance?
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

No, Robby is on my list one day, but he's a little more complicated. Robot Monster was considered one of the worst movies ever made. It is a Gorilla body, skull head and space helmet, all in one!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	robotmonster5.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	38099

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast