Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Board Sensor Problems???

still can not get it to calabrate . each time i do i think im getting closer but i am not . if i run the board through the mesur steep twice on the same setting i get 2 diff readings . is it possable that the tracking sensor even tho it checks out good in the sensor check it can be bad ? i took it out and cleand it just to make saur there was no dust in it . and while i was doing that i thaught it would be a good idea to give it a once over again . i put it all back together made saure the head was level and it has 78lb on the head . but i did notest that the out feed belt keeps ridding to the key pad side and wore a groov in the aluminum table and wore the belt gide too . so i will have to replace it not a big deal cus i am starting to know the cw in and out . i will let every one know howe things go . have to get ready for work will be back at it after work . all have a good day and a big thank you for all the help . p.s sorry for jummping around so much when i am explainning my add is kicking in .

version-1.175 Desk Top
    version-1.176 Lap Top

Help ! I can't tell where I am . Its's dark and I can hear laughing .

Default Measurement

Quote Originally Posted by Tom75 View Post
    still can not get it to calabrate . each time i do i think im getting closer but i am not . if i run the board through the mesur steep twice on the same setting i get 2 diff readings . is it possable that the tracking sensor even tho it checks out good in the sensor check it can be bad ? i took it out and cleand it just to make saur there was no dust in it . and while i was doing that i thaught it would be a good idea to give it a once over again . i put it all back together made saure the head was level and it has 78lb on the head . but i did notest that the out feed belt keeps ridding to the key pad side and wore a groov in the aluminum table and wore the belt gide too . so i will have to replace it not a big deal cus i am starting to know the cw in and out . i will let every one know howe things go . have to get ready for work will be back at it after work . all have a good day and a big thank you for all the help . p.s sorry for jummping around so much when i am explainning my add is kicking in .
    Let's start with one of Al's favorite phrases. "It's all about the Brass Roller!"
    The board sensor, under the truck, is not a distance measuring device as such. It is a YES/NO laser looking for the end of material on the machine.

The brass (tracking) roller is the device that does most, if not all, of the length measurement. Loose track with this roller and the board will rapidly move (run) until the Brass roller senses more movement. Perhaps it will even eject the board from the machine!

Use of masking tape on the bottom of the board on the key-board side, will assist with good contact. This is especially true on hard wood, painted/finished wood, and thinner wood which is close to the minimum 1/2 inch (just because it was labeled 1/2 inch does not mean it is truly that thickness). Its no different than buying a 9 inch board and finding out that it scales at 8.5 or less!

It is, also, wise to place a line of masking tape on the top of your painted/finished/dark/bright boards where the truck-board sensor passes, during measurement, to assist its ability to accurately determine the presence/absence of material. This single line of masking tape, in each direction should cause no problem for the cutters in most cases (if it is masking tape). stronger/thicker tape could be a problem.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

i tryed everything . i called lhr today and i am sendding it to them to fix . i have tryed all suggestions and pdfs and a few phone calls. the cw has me stumped . gunna miss the cw but will get it back in good working order (crys) . i have a few projects too keep me busy for a short time . i just waunt to say thank you to every one for all the help and support .

version-1.175 Desk Top
    version-1.176 Lap Top

Ask Bud,

You Crack Me Up..... That is right.... It IS all about the brass roller..... And it is MY favorite Saying....

As for yours?...... "Post the .mpc".... LOL..... ROTFLMAO..........

I see something in Tom 75's Signature... If Correct.... Then I would expect it could be that he is using 1.170 and 1.153.... He machine could be confused...

This could really be a waste sending the machine into LHR......

I would get the latest or at least 1.171 loaded on both computers.

I would try a different board with masking tape along the brass roller

I would replace the sand paper belts if worn and plugged with sawdust.

I would be sure the board edge is square.....

That's my 2 Cents.....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

thank you AL i updated to the new version and for got to change it signature . i have tryed the tape diff. boards and get the same out cum. i try to follow you posts like a hawk Cu's most questions have already been answered and the pics you post with them help me a lot . and i put buds Avis in my fav file so i can review them to help when i have a how do i question . thank you both it helps me a lot because i am a visual Lerner .

version-1.175 Desk Top
    version-1.176 Lap Top

OH and my wife to be hijacked the desktop while her computer is being fixed . i will up date that one too. gana change the lap top sig. to the 1.175 naw . all have a good night

version-1.175 Desk Top
    version-1.176 Lap Top

got the phone call today while i was at work today . called lhr back when i was on brake all is fixed and will ship back on Monday . it was the front conveyer gear not spaced right so the front conveyer was replaced that was the prob. all sencers where all good . naw i cant Wait to get it back naw am like a kid weighting for Christmas day . all have a good night .

version-1.175 Desk Top
    version-1.176 Lap Top

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345