Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Board Sensor Problems???

thank you for the help . will resume getting head pressure corected tommrow

version-1.175 Desk Top
    version-1.176 Lap Top

Help ! I can't tell where I am . Its's dark and I can hear laughing .

not making much hed way on the head presher . can only get it to 61lbs. any sugestions and help would be good

version-1.175 Desk Top
    version-1.176 Lap Top

Quote Originally Posted by Tom75 View Post
    not making much hed way on the head presher . can only get it to 61lbs. any sugestions and help would be good
    Tom,
    If you have verified the head is level, 4 posts are clean and lubed and the gears on the underside of the machine, you might try adding a washer into the crank handle. I THINK? the washer goes between the handle and the spring.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

put a washer in and head presser went up to 75-80 doing a test carve naw .

version-1.175 Desk Top
    version-1.176 Lap Top

put a washer in and head presser went up to 75-80 doing a test carve naw .

Tom,
    Glad that did the trick for you!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

carve was good but the cutout is still off a bit . whent to the pdf sec. and saw another pdf about head pressur and head leavel . am going to try that one . its diff than the one i have printed out . but i will not be able to do a test carve cut out till tommrow . the other prob i am haveing is that its not mesureing the board right its allways shorter after the cw mesures it ex. the board in the cw is 11 1/4 an the cw reads 10 7/8 . tracking sensor works board sensor works i did a sensor test and all was aok . the off set cut out started when i took the board sensor off to get all the dust out that was caussing it to have a check board sensor prob. . ok off to the cw to try again .

version-1.175 Desk Top
    version-1.176 Lap Top

carve was good but the cutout is still off a bit . whent to the pdf sec. and saw another pdf about head pressur and head leavel . am going to try that one . its diff than the one i have printed out . but i will not be able to do a test carve cut out till tommrow . the other prob i am haveing is that its not mesureing the board right its allways shorter after the cw mesures it ex. the board in the cw is 11 1/4 an the cw reads 10 7/8 . tracking sensor works board sensor works i did a sensor test and all was aok . the off set cut out started when i took the board sensor off to get all the dust out that was caussing it to have a check board sensor prob. . ok off to the cw to try again .
    Tom,
    You might need to run the calibration procedure on the machine. There is a pdf on that as well...
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

i did the calibration on it to day beforf work al whent well untill it did thickness test with the 3/8 bit it stoped and said check board sensor so i wiped it with a rag and tryed again and whent through all the motions and finnished . will try another test carve in the am . but i think i need a board sensor. i did take the sensor out last week and cleand it .

version-1.175 Desk Top
    version-1.176 Lap Top

did another test carve . just a basic circle with a carve reagin in the center much better . the problem i seem to have is when you put a squair on the edge most of it is squair (5/8 -3/4) of it is squair then it tapers in from bottom to top . an is mesuring the board the wrong length shorter the the board is . any more suggestions ? i will look through the pdf's and see if there is any thing els i should try . thanky you all for the support and help .

version-1.175 Desk Top
    version-1.176 Lap Top

ok i some what figured out the mesure problem . last week when i removed the tracking sensor the little rubber pice fell out i found it and reinstalled it the mesurements or off not by much i did a mesure test several times and get diff mesurements . the board i am useing is 14.875 x 4.625 x .50 . length i get is 15.014 , 15.019 , 15.06 , 14.994 , 15.016 , 15.00 . width 4.650 , 4.653 , 4.665 , 4.658 , 4.657 . thickness .552 , .520 , .520 , .521 . i have the mesurments listed in the order that i got them

version-1.175 Desk Top
    version-1.176 Lap Top

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast