Thread: Carvewright upgrade

Default Carvewright upgrade

Well I was considering sending my machine back, one of the original "
    A" Serial Number machines but since I have already upgraded the chuck to "rock chuck", I called and asked what the price would be since the chuck did not need upgraded.

Was told that it is an all or nothing package which was not onloy disappointing but I think a poor business decision on their part.

If you haven't upgraded the zbundle, I would suggest that you do that. I managed that one from the instructions. If I can do it, so can you. The instructions are excellent. I don't know what all the upgrade does but at least do the zbundle.

What I was referring to was a "recent" sales pitch from Carvewright stating that for $400 (as I recall) they would upgarde the machine to I guess what would amount to a C version.

I knew what you meant, but I thought I would let you know the other options. By the way, there is a rebate for returning the old z motor.

I just looked up the service upgrade, here's what it says

Have us upgrade your machine with:
    • CarveTight Spindle (Does not include the Cam Roller Wrench)
    • Heavy Duty Traction Belts
    • Factory calibration
    • Multi - Point inspection (With the inspection we'll find everything that should be fixed or replaced with your machine. We'll let you know what needs to be done and let you decide if you want it back as is or have us do the repairs.)
    • Shipping Included (UPS Ground Shipping)

It doesn't mention the zbundle upgrade so I would assume you would need to pay another $150 (if I remember the price correctly) .

and like I said, the instructions are very good (with pictures). If I can do it, so can you.

You would have to determine if you need the z motor bundle (reconditioned $85).

As far as updating the machine, you can add the Heavy Duty Traction Belts yourself or pay separate shipping to send it back for us to install (really no reason right now to go to this expense--you can install them yourself). We would also check it over to see if anything needs to be repaired and call you with a quote before making updates. You would have to pay labor and parts cost. Check out this link to see what updates on the Version C are available for older machines.

First, I would suggest you lube it properly, check the head pressure and see how she runs with a simple project like Design Project 1 in our Step by Step Tutorials for Project Designer. Do projects 2 and 3 while your there just to learn the software quicker and what all it can do!

Join the CarversClub, you'll need the support, if your a new user at least until you get the hang of it, plus you will have no worries about calling us. If you do end up sending it in there is 25% off labor and you still get the monthly specials.
    Last edited by lynnfrwd; 08-10-2010 at 05:16 PM. Reason: clarity

That sounds like a great offer....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    You would have to determine if you need the z motor bundle (reconditioned $85).

As far as updating the machine, you can add the Heavy Duty Traction Belts yourself or pay separate shipping to send it back for us to install (really no reason right now to go to this expense--you can install them yourself). We would also check it over to see if anything needs to be repaired and call you with a quote before making updates. You would have to pay labor and parts cost. Check out this link to see what updates on the Version C are available for older machines.

First, I would suggest you lube it properly, check the head pressure and see how she runs with a simple project like Design Project 1 in our Step by Step Tutorials for Project Designer. Do projects 2 and 3 while your there just to learn the software quicker and what all it can do!

Join the CarversClub, you'll need the support, if your a new user at least until you get the hang of it, plus you will have no worries about calling us. If you do end up sending it in there is 25% off labor and you still get the monthly specials.

Lynn, do you have a part number for the Z/Y motor bundle update, (New or Used) I purchased an older "A" model unit. S/N AQ.007.XXX, model # 133.217XXX, I can give the X's part of those numbers if you need them in a PM.

The machine needed some repairs, but I have it working great now and I would like to have those parts in my supplies bin. This is an easy machine to repair, a lot simpler than the Radars, VOR’s or TACAN’s I used to work on in the FAA.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Quote Originally Posted by bjbethke View Post
    Lynn, do you have a part number for the Z/Y motor bundle update, (New or Used) I purchased an older "A" model unit. S/N AQ.007.XXX, model # 133.217XXX, I can give the X's part of those numbers if you need them in a PM.
    We only have reconditioned $85. Part number is MWM A907, but it is not available on the store, you have to call us at 713-473-6572. Any customer service rep can take your order and talk you through any other technical questions you have.

The machine needed some repairs, but I have it working great now and I would like to have those parts in my supplies bin. This is an easy machine to repair, a lot simpler than the Radars, VOR’s or TACAN’s I used to work on in the FAA.
    Glad to hear it. I lot of people are really scared to get into themselves, at first, and often surprised at how easy it really is.

Glad you got her going. I'm sure you can handle the installation for the CarveTight spindle and heavy duty traction belts, too. We've had customers report that the instructions are very well written and easy to follow.

Best of luck!
    Last edited by lynnfrwd; 08-12-2010 at 03:29 PM.