Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: depth of the center line lettering

I belive we all learned a lot from this forum posting.

I know I did. Every day one can pick up something new off the forum.

know I am going check my depts this way.
    Last edited by rcdages; 08-06-2010 at 10:40 AM. Reason: miss spelled words
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

While we're talking about centerline text, can somebody explain to me why the machine does such a spastic job when carving it?
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

Quote Originally Posted by jaroot View Post
    While we're talking about centerline text, can somebody explain to me why the machine does such a spastic job when carving it?
    As you watch Centerline carve, do not panic!
    You will see it start in weird places, do partial letters, skip letters.
    Just allow it to finish! It will return to the places it needs, and finish the missed carves.
    It's sort of allowing the ink to dry as you write on paper, but our teachers would not allow us to skip letters.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Center line tends to carve in the "Y" axis, it is a lot easer to move the carve head across the board than use the sand paper belts to move the board. It’s the way it’s programmed.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

That actually kind of makes sense! Thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by bjbethke View Post
    Center line tends to carve in the "Y" axis, it is a lot easer to move the carve head across the board than use the sand paper belts to move the board. It’s the way it’s programmed.

Let me pose another good question, is there any where in text software the gives the raito of height to depth for centerline text. I mean is there a set raito written down in the sofware.
    I understand the larger the text in height the deeper the carving. It just occured to me thay may have a hard set of rules for this condition.

how about it Bud?

it would be nice to have this raito handy for future use, rather than trying it out.

Myshop
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

I actually believe that the depth is related to the thickness of the characters rather than the height.

Quote Originally Posted by myshop1044 View Post
    Let me pose another good question, is there any where in text software the gives the raito of height to depth for centerline text. I mean is there a set raito written down in the sofware.
    I understand the larger the text in height the deeper the carving. It just occured to me thay may have a hard set of rules for this condition.

how about it Bud?

it would be nice to have this raito handy for future use, rather than trying it out.

Myshop

I actually believe that the depth is related to the thickness of the characters rather than the height.
    jaroot, actually if you take a text line and change its width by dragging the yellow dot the depth changes, if you change the height of that text the depth changes according to what I see in designer using the method of dragging the text to the edge then using undo/redo to see the difference.

I think it would be desireable to have this depth user controlled when selecting a bit rather than the software having control.

I have read this thread several times and to me it still appears that we do not have any control over the depth with centerline, one of the reasons I hesitate on making the purchase!
    John
    version 1.164

Quote Originally Posted by Jcpb321 View Post
    I think it would be desireable to have this depth user controlled when selecting a bit rather than the software having control.

I have read this thread several times and to me it still appears that we do not have any control over the depth with centerline, one of the reasons I hesitate on making the purchase!
    Hello,

The topic of depth control for centerline has been discussed many times before. To re-cap, the software has to control the depth automatically. Otherwise, the letter shapes would not come out correctly. Even if we could control the depth, there would be a very, very small threshold/range where that could reasonably be done before the letter shapes become unrecognizable/or ugly and rather "useless". I'm afraid if you are waiting for "user adjustable" centerline depth, you will be waiting a very long time!

One thing I am looking forward to though, is the ability to perform Centerline Text within a Carve Region. I believe that could be a real possibility.
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 08-10-2010 at 04:48 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Hello,

One thing I am looking forward to though, is the ability to perform Centerline Text within a Carve Region. I believe that could be a real possibility.
    Michael,
    I know I bark up the wrong tree at times, you can but the depth of the carve region must be reduced me thinks, ie., make carve region the depth is at .250 set that to .125 and certerline text should show up..... me thinks.
    John
    version 1.164

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast