Thread: Help with DFX/ipt file

Default Help with DFX/ipt file

I have a file that Autodesk Professional Inventor produced that has an extion of .ipt on it. I was wondering if anyone can see if this file can be used with the DXF Importer and if so would you be willing to convert it for me so I can try and carve it. It is a very small part but it is almost a 2 meg file so I will have to email it to you. If you can help me (before I buy the importer) please PM me and I can send it your way. Thanks in advance.

CarverJerry
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Hi Jerry,

I don't think that file type will work, even if you could convert it to DXF...I believe it is a "3D", not "2D" file type. (Only 2D DXF's work with the Importer).
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Thanks Michael......
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

however what I could do for you is take the 3-D model and put it in inventor exstract 2d views off of it and export the dxfs from that. But I do not have the dxf impoter .
    Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Hi Jerry,

I don't think that file type will work, even if you could convert it to DXF...I believe it is a "3D", not "2D" file type. (Only 2D DXF's work with the Importer).

Thanks for the offer, I really don't think this part is machinable with the CW to be honest with you. Long story short, it's some kind of part for the medical field and is made out of really expensive material. The more I think about it I don't want to take the chances.

CJ
    CarverJerry