Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rachet gear

Doug is right.... You snug the screw lightly and slowly turn the crank until it falls into the key way then you continue to tighten the screw in the center of the hand crank. Look at the end of the hand crank.... There is a key way in there..... Now you are just jamming the key way to the top edge of the crank shaft.

At first I thought you cranked it to the top and it just clicked to go down.... That little primer hole in the jacking screw....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I removed the spring and tried to turn the crank it still did not do anything except turn. Could I have striped the key somehow??? My machine is a reconditioned one and I do not know what the problems were when it was returned. I sure wish there is an easy solution I am trying to finish a project.

Where do you live Christian?
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

I had the same issue and AL is correct. snug the screw, then turn until the handle seats all the way in. Also, check to make sure the spacer is seated correctly also.

Called CW and they told me to look at the washer inside at the end of the spring, it was broken in about 5 pieces. Since it is still under warranty they are sending me a new part. Can't wait till I can get started again.

once again thanks for all the input,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12