Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye for Now

Default Goodbye for Now

Hi all...

I know it's been some time since I posted last. Life has been hectic and time has been full. Recently however I foundout recently that I have an advanced stage liver cancer known as Cholangiocarcinoma. Still waiting on a prognosis and treatment plan but in any event life is going to be changing real soon for me, it actually already has. Unfortunatley I trusted my doctor at the VA a year and a half ago when they told me I had elevated liver function tests. They had me do a ultrasound which was inconclusive and recommended and MRI to see into the deep tissue. My Doctor decided that because I was young (40 at the time) and in otherwise good physical health that it was just the middle age onset of fatty liver disease. Not knowing anything about liver cancer or disease I trusted her judgment. This all came crashing down when I started about 8 weeks ago having severe pain in my right side and intestinal troubles. By this time a once unseeable lesion had grown to the size of a grapefruit on my liver, spread to two other locations on the liver, entered my lymph system, and has begun activity in my colon, spleen, kidneys and more. Hopefully I will be starting treatment in the next two or three weeks but even then it's going to be hard on me and the family. If you are a praying individual please take a moment and pray for my family and I. I personally am not afraid or aprehensive about dying accept for the fact that I have an 8 year old boy and a 11 year old daughter.

Thanks all!

Robert

My Company Site My Company Blog My Church Blog My Church Website My Patterns

Robert:

My heart is broken for you. I will most definitely pray for you and your family.

Connie
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Robert.. WOW.. Having been through a Cancer struggle with my wife, I know how difficult it can and will be. A am truly sorry to hear about this yet at the same time, I know things can and will be OK. It will be the most difficult thing you and your family will go through for sure. Keep faith in your self, your family and most importantly IN GOD! You have my prayers for sure! Let me know if there is anything I can do!

Lord, YOU know the need. Please be there for Robert and his family! They need you now more than ever! Amen

SteveEJ
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

4. Default

Robert,
    My deepest sympathies and highest hopes for a cure. I lost my wife to cancer a few years ago and I know there certainly is no better way to fight it than early detection. I know your life will not have much time for us but we will miss you and pray for you and your family. Best of luck my friend and may God be with you and your family.

5. Default

Hey Rob ... I will pray that things go as planned. If you need to talk - you have my number. ... at a time that is most difficult you will be tested, stay strong in your faith.

I will add my prayers as well.

Robert, -- Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family,
    Let the Lord be your Strength and Trust in him.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Quote Originally Posted by SteveEJ View Post
    Keep faith in your self, your family and most importantly IN GOD! You have my prayers for sure! Let me know if there is anything I can do!

Lord, YOU know the need. Please be there for Robert and his family! They need you now more than ever! Amen

SteveEJ
    I second that. And would like to add that God has a plan for your life. We may not see what it is right now. BUT I guarantee it will be perfect in its delivery and timing. Just give it all to God and do everything you are asked to do by your doctor and faith. We are with you in spirit and prayer.
    Experience is a doorway -- Not a final goal.

Robert

My prayers out to you and your family. My father passed away in 03 from close to the exact same thing..started in his colon, the size of a grapefruit, then spread to his liver. When he was first operated on the surgeon said a day a week..who knows but no more than a month..he made it 2.5 years with treaments and clinical trials and had a good quality of life up to the last two weeks. I know how hard this will be on you and your family..I will keep you guys in my prayers...my heart goes out to your wife an kids
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Robert.......wow I am at a lost for words. Yes my prayers go out to you and your family. I know you and your family is grounded deep in Christ and that will be the only thing that will comfort them and you. I pray God's plan for you is the same as yours and your family and ours too.

Remember you are among family and friends here too and I too ask if you need to talk please call. I sent a PM with my number.

Ike

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast