Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabinet Size

Default Cabinet Size

I have ordered a CarveWright and it's on it' way. I going to build a flip top cabinet to mount and store in on. If any one could let know what is a good inside dimension width for a cabinet like this. I see the width is 26 but I'm not sure that once it's assembled if anything else that might be sticking out a little more.

Thanks Craig

I talked to a nice young lady at CarveWright and she was measured it for me and it 26" on the money, crank and all. I'll give my self 2" on each side and make the ID 30".

With the handle, mine measures about 27.5 from keypad side to other side, and witdh is approx. 18" with outfeeds up or 31" with em down.
    Doug Fletcher

4. Default

Isn't it going to be hard to read the LED panel, push buttons and crank the head up and down if it's inside a cabinet?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    Isn't it going to be hard to read the LED panel, push buttons and crank the head up and down if it's inside a cabinet?
    Yea but when I want a reverse pattern it's easy.

6. Default

Mine has a door to access the keypad and crank. Both board feed sides have hinges so the whole sides can be flipped up to access the machine. A cutout lets the feed rollers stick out from the box. Dust collector fits inside and the exhaust hose comes out from under the box.
    May you be well, may you find happiness! : - )
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

Quote Originally Posted by stinggray View Post
    I have ordered a CarveWright and it's on it' way. I going to build a flip top cabinet to mount and store in on. If any one could let know what is a good inside dimension width for a cabinet like this. I see the width is 26 but I'm not sure that once it's assembled if anything else that might be sticking out a little more.

Thanks Craig
    Don't forget to allow enough height for the flexshaft to clear the cabinet. I've been toying with building a flip top cabinet to house the CW on one side and my planer on the other--you may have motivated me to get started!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

George
    Life is short....drink the good wine first!

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyeka View Post
    Mine has a door to access the keypad and crank. Both board feed sides have hinges so the whole sides can be flipped up to access the machine. A cutout lets the feed rollers stick out from the box. Dust collector fits inside and the exhaust hose comes out from under the box.
    Sounds cool. Would like to see a pic of it if you have one handy to post.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Sir:

I have made a few 'flip top' storage cabinets in my days for my portable tools to save space in my very small shop that has many large furniture objects.

I would suggest that you wait for your CarveWright and THEN think about your cabinet. I would say the basic cabinet is the easy part... The hard part is the 'flip' by one person that is alone and nobody to call for help when the whole cabinet starts to tip over.... I know about that from experience with a DeWalt planner. The Center of Gravity/Mass is unique for everything. I have NOT made one for my CarveWright but for my other tools I found that 'Locking Casters' are very important! You never want the cabinet to move while 'tipping' that heavy tool and getting the locking latch engaged!

But then again, I still had a tool that worked with ruined covers.... I had to make the base much larger that I thought in the 'tipping directions' ...

My post is not BS.. Been there and did that....

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    Sounds cool. Would like to see a pic of it if you have one handy to post.
    Here's my version of enclosure for the CW. The main reason I built this was to get the noise down. My house is attached and the garage shares a wall with the neighbor. After replacing the QC with my modified Eliminator chuck, the noise was still a bit too much. Now it's barely noticeable inside the house, and inaudible next door.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1429.JPG   IMG_1427.JPG   IMG_1426.JPG   IMG_1428.JPG  

IMG_1425.JPG  
    May you be well, may you find happiness! : - )
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast