Thread: another measuring problem

Default another measuring problem

I now have the CW working but have a new problem: after it measures the board it starts the carving any where up to an inch longer from where it is suppose to. I am using a sled with 7 1/2 inches on the ends; telling it to center the carve. The sled does not seem to be slipping anywhere during the measuring process. What am I doing wrong? Should I cut the ends down some?

Christian

That sound similiar to what some posters said that had lost the little rubber tube damper on the brass roller mech. Did you inspect yours to make sure it really was there and didnt fall out like we where thinking yesterday?

Here is the post I was remembering...

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...=rubber+damper
    Last edited by dbfletcher; 07-06-2010 at 09:56 PM.
    Doug Fletcher

I put it back in this morning before i started working. and that is when my trouble started. I copied the diagram from the web site you mention so I would put it in right too

Masking Tape will help.... The Brass Roller is slipping in it's contact with the bottom of your sled.... Recommend 3 strips of tape... the most important is the brass roller contact part....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Masking Tape will help.... AL
    Happens every time
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Noname.jpg  
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

I think this year Al needs to take a pciture of the christmas gift basket 3M must send him.... or is it beyond gift baskets and in more in the nieghborhood of a new car??
    Doug Fletcher