Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attention Sears CompuCarve Customers

The card reader shows up on a windows XP system as a HID (human interface device) compliant device Seems silly but unplug the reader, turn on the PC, get it fully booted into windows then plug it into a different USB port. a windows message should popup saying a new HID is found and in a few seconds load the driver. USB is like this it either needs to be hot plugged in to load the windows drivers or if drivers are required run the setup first. No setup nor drivers needed with win XP.
    Mike G
    Custom wood working, etc, www.gmanind.com

kkbubu Guest

My folk's bought this machine and could not get the flash drive to work. I tried the drive in all ports of their brand new HP to no avail. We then went to my Dad's "gaming-machine", a mid nineties dinosaur that eats solitaire for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Jurassic as it is, it recognized the reader without a Tyrannosaur's hiccup. The difference in the two, aside from the obvious generation gap?? POWERED USB Baby!!! If you cannot get your flash drive to work I believe a powered hub may be your answer. They are easy to find, install and afford. Give it a shot, and thank the dinosaur!

Quote Originally Posted by kkbubu View Post
    My folk's bought this machine and could not get the flash drive to work. I tried the drive in all ports of their brand new HP to no avail. We then went to my Dad's "gaming-machine", a mid nineties dinosaur that eats solitaire for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Jurassic as it is, it recognized the reader without a Tyrannosaur's hiccup. The difference in the two, aside from the obvious generation gap?? POWERED USB Baby!!! If you cannot get your flash drive to work I believe a powered hub may be your answer. They are easy to find, install and afford. Give it a shot, and thank the dinosaur!
    usb may not be enabled in you in the system bios if you need detailed info on that send me a private message.
    Ben

Randy Guest

Default On off switch

I just set up my new machine out of the box. Dosen't seem to want to turn on. Dose the memory card have to be in the machine in order for it to turn on with the on/off switch?

Randy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I just set up my new machine out of the box. Dosen't seem to want to turn on. Dose the memory card have to be in the machine in order for it to turn on with the on/off switch?
    Thanks for any Help here.

Default Machine doesnt power up without memory card.

Randy,

Yes memory card has to be in the machine for the LED display to come on when you power up. You should always turn power off when removing it or putting it back in.

Ron
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

Default USB V2.0 Complient ports may be required

Question - is your computer an older model with V.1.0 USB ports? I would suggest installing a version 2.0 complient card. You will get speed plus power.

The software worked on my system without any problem, but all my ports are 2.0 and powered. I had a similiar problem in the past with a V.1.0 external drive. The port did not provide power to the drive. Problem was resolved when I upgraded my USB card.

CPU stands for Central Processing Unit. Technically it's not the computer tower per se; but, rather the components that process the computer instructions within the computer tower. In the case of microcomputers, it is the microprocessor (Pentium 4, etc,) but could include the entire motherboard.

Exclamation probe cost

why is the price of the probe at carvewright $299.99 but at sears it is 399.99 i think i will take mine back to sears and buy the one from carvewright and save $100.00
    jeff

DO NOT FEED ! THE DRAGON

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12