Thread: Tongue drums

Default Tongue drums

Hello fellow carvers,
    I am thinking about doing tongue drums with my students next year at the middle school. They would design their drum's size number of tongues and cut the top using their layout designed in the designer software. What are your thoughts on this idea and does anyone have and suggestions.
    I plan on have the students learn to play them in music and they have to make an original song and demonstrate to their class as the culminating activity. Then record the whole class playing their drums!!! Just a though???

Mabco12
    Mabco12

You might check this blog from the Little Red Wood Shop: http://forum.carvewright.com/entry.p...e-Drum-project
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

3. Default

Great thought ... you and they will have a blast. Give me a call if you would like .... I would love to help in any way that I can.

4. Default

I think that is a great idea. It is awesome that you can do that many different things with your class! Are the students going to cut the box as well, or just the tongues? Please post a video or a link of the class playing their instruments? Rock on!
    Last edited by GuitarGuy83; 12-20-2010 at 11:04 AM.
    Guitar Maker | Automation equipment is for cars and vending machines...
    Want likes? Get a funny facebook status.