Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: soon 2b new owner

1. Default

I am also looking at buy. I am looking to create signage, lithopanes and contoured custom solid guitar bodies. I have read a lot of reviews on the web slamming this prodcuct.
    I first have to ask if the door open errors and internal and electronic problems, techincal support problems and mechanical problems are all as bad as the reviews, or are those a handfull of folks that have found each other and it just looks bad?
    This machine will be getting used daily and I just need to know if it is up to the task.

Quote Originally Posted by CADRAFTDESIGN View Post
    I am also looking at buy. I am looking to create signage, lithopanes and contoured custom solid guitar bodies. I have read a lot of reviews on the web slamming this prodcuct.
    I first have to ask if the door open errors and internal and electronic problems, techincal support problems and mechanical problems are all as bad as the reviews, or are those a handfull of folks that have found each other and it just looks bad?
    This machine will be getting used daily and I just need to know if it is up to the task.
    In my opinion, many of the "door" and electronic problems are either from vibration caused by the QC chuck, and the user, or by lack of needed cleaning of dust/dirt and/or improper loading and head pressure.

If you get the new CarveTight Assembly (new "C" machine), or rapidly change to a Rock Chuck, or other similar after market chuck you will have less trouble. A good "top mounted vacuum" will greatly reduce dust/dirt problems.

Others will probably have more insight that I have not mentioned.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Thanks to all of you for your insight and advice.This forum is a wealth of information and everyones comments are very appreciated.Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by CADRAFTDESIGN View Post
    welcome to the forum also. if your happy with your machine your not going to go blab about it in the review section. if your pissed your going to spout about it everywhere you can. there have been problems here and there (probably caused by the "quickchuck") but as opposed to the huge number of machines out there it a drop in the bucket so to speak. mine works fine but i did have to tighten the two screws on the door sensor.
    my patterns are at www.upillar.com do a search for "ptn"

email for patterns: patternmaster@live.com

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jaroot View Post
    We bought the machine with the probe and the bit set. We then added centerline text. If I had to do it over I'd get the machine and the centerline text and the two vee bits. The next thing I would add would be the 1/4" ball bit. Most of the rest of the bits in the set we haven't used and probably will never use, at least not in the carvewright. I use the centerline a lot and the 1/4" ball joint. We've used the probe once. It is a handy thing to have but we've had little or no need for it so I guess I'd put it off till you really have a project to use it on.
    I also saved all the PDF instructions to a thumb drive and had it printed out at an office supply store. That way I could have a printed manual next to the machine in the shop.

6. Default

Thats a good plan

Two words- Dust collection, best investment I even made for the machine.
    Using 1.178

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12