Thread: moly

Default moly

After reading the thread on moly here in the forum I struck out to find some. Guess what I didn't find any anywhere. I did find some moly grease so my question is if I work it into the cable and wipe off the excess could I use it on my flex shaft core???

Christian

I don't think moly grease is a good idea it's to thick I think.

Check at an auto parts store, many chain lubes contain moly and many parts stores carry Gunk or Liquid Wrench Brand products

Justin Pierce, aka spalted
    *Pattern Editor (Probe) * Centerline * Dxf Import * STL Importer * Version 3 Standalone * Advanced 3D * Advanced 2D * Conforming Vectors * Rotary *C Machine *Rock Chuck

Default Moly

Quote Originally Posted by CHRISTIAN View Post
    After reading the thread on moly here in the forum I struck out to find some. Guess what I didn't find any anywhere. I did find some moly grease so my question is if I work it into the cable and wipe off the excess could I use it on my flex shaft core???

Christian
    Christian,

Harbor Freight carries the preferred moly. I got it at a local Harbor Freight but I imagine that you could find it on their web site if you don't have a local Harbor Freight. IIRC, the price was about $4.75.

Quote Originally Posted by CHRISTIAN View Post

Christian
    I use Moly Grease on my Kubota Backhoe and my CarveWright unit it works great. I lubed my CW unit May 2009 and it still stays at room temperature.

I buy mine from Wal-Mart about $2.00 a tube.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Molly G 2.jpg   Molly G 1.jpg  
    Last edited by bjbethke; 06-28-2010 at 07:13 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

I as well used the moly grease for some time. I dont think it penetrates as well just because it isnt a liquid but it will suffice in a pinch. I lubed mine with the spray a long time ago and it is still holding strong. I check the temp by putting my hand on it and even down close to the truck it doesnt even get that hot. I think I originally got mine at a ACE hardware.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

thanks for the input, just as I was going to get the grease my neighbor brought me some spray lube from Harbor Freight.

christian