Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying Something Out.........

Default Trying Something Out.........

OK Gents.......... here's one that I'm trying with some modifications that I've made to our latest POM (hope you don't mind Mike). Haven't stained it yet so I'm still in working stages. On one of the sides I placed the year I entered service and the other side I placed the year I retired. On the inside top of the box I centerlined in all the units (and years) that I served with each. So far I'm pretty happy and my son-in-law is chompin at the bit for me to make him a Navy "Keepsake" box. So what do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

I think that looks awesome. I love to see all the little & not so little mods people do to projects. Great work!

Doug Fletcher

I think that's awesome, I was going to do something like this for my brother, had thought of doing a flag on the inside lid but you have some pretty cool ideas here for the stealing

I am just putting together one of these stock POMs now to see how it comes out before I started playing.

Craig

Jerry, that is GREAT! I'm lovin' it!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I'm embarrased to say, but I wish I knew how to make a little tray to put inside the box (like a jewelry box). I could be a nice place to put dog tags, ribbons and other small stuff. I'm just not that good with my hands and figuring out stuff. You wouldn't believe the time I had in sanding and trimming just to get the sides and corners just to "flush up" against each other. Maybe I need to check my machine to make sure it's cutting precise measurements? Seems like it's always off a little which cause me grief and extra trimming, sanding, cussing and other stuff...... ha ha

Thumbs up

JerryB,

Somebody's going to be very Pleased with that One,
    nice Project and Idea, -- Well Done!!
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    OK Gents.......... here's one that I'm trying with some modifications that I've made to our latest POM (hope you don't mind Mike). Haven't stained it yet so I'm still in working stages. On one of the sides I placed the year I entered service and the other side I placed the year I retired. On the inside top of the box I centerlined in all the units (and years) that I served with each. So far I'm pretty happy and my son-in-law is chompin at the bit for me to make him a Navy "Keepsake" box. So what do you think?
    On the inside top of the box I centerlined in all the units (and years) that I served with each.

Where is the picture? I for one would love to see....

Very early 1960's Army Sargent (three stripes) here but l lost one stripe for questioning what some young officer told me (insisted) I had to do.. I had a M88 Recovery Vehicle and the cable broke.. I knew it would.. I insisted that he was inside the M88 so he was not hurt... That one inch steel cable broke and went flying.. Guess who got in trouble? It was my fault!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M88_Recovery_Vehicle

I was going to be a 20 year Army grunt... I did not re-up after that experience, and I had 6 years into it. I was NEVER asked my opinion of what 'really' happened.

I still love my military experience but it took a few years to think that way after....
    Last edited by will george; 06-16-2010 at 12:39 PM.

Jerry... very nice indeed... if you want to make a tray just take the inside dem. use the outside box technique for the POM and cut in or ad a handle to a modified version of the outside. Make sure to put some kind of rails on the inside of th ebox for the tray to sit on and there ya go....

Great design!

My Company Site My Company Blog My Church Blog My Church Website My Patterns

Default Tray

I'm not a POM member so I don't know what the dimensions of the box are but here is a mpc of a tray that you could modify to fit. It would probably be faster to "stick" build it but here it is anyway.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Inside of Top Box

Here's the inside. Nothing fancy just used Centerline.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast