Thread: Craftsman CompuCarve FOR SALE

1. Default Craftsman CompuCarve FOR SALE

Ok, here is the deal. I bought this new from Sears and have been on the phone with the tech support many times. Even right out of the box it had issues, which I corrected. But it just seems like it is one thing after another. I hadn't used it in over a year and had a small sign to make, so got everything setup and board loaded. It will run through the board loading mode and then when the end of the board goes past the front roller it just stops and says to "Check For Board Problem". I have done everything possible to try to remedy this and to no avail. So, I have decided to just sell it. It has 89 hours of carve time on the machine. I will look to see if I have the original box, but don't think so. I do have several bits for it. It is almost as if you need to be a technician to own one of these things. I have learned a lot about how to work on this thing, but it is just not worth my time any more. If anyone is interested in a fixer-upper I will consider any offers on it. I will post later with exactly what bits I have for it.

Eddie in Oklahoma

2. Default

I do not have the original box. I do have two of the 1/8" cutting bit with 1/4" QuikRout bit adaptor. I also have two of the 1/16" tapered bits with the 1/4" QuikRout bit adaptor. I can send pictures or answer any questions you might have.

Eddie

Default Interested in that machine of yours

Hi Eddie,
    I am a middle school teacher that is interested in getting another carvewright machine for my middle school woodworking program. What is your asking price for this machine? I have bought reconditioned units that work for $900 and under. Please give me you bottom line so I can make an offer.

Thanks
    Mabco12
    Mabco12

Quote Originally Posted by Baugher Sign Co View Post
    Ok, here is the deal. I bought this new from Sears and have been on the phone with the tech support many times. Even right out of the box it had issues, which I corrected. But it just seems like it is one thing after another. I hadn't used it in over a year and had a small sign to make, so got everything setup and board loaded. It will run through the board loading mode and then when the end of the board goes past the front roller it just stops and says to "Check For Board Problem". I have done everything possible to try to remedy this and to no avail. So, I have decided to just sell it. It has 89 hours of carve time on the machine. I will look to see if I have the original box, but don't think so. I do have several bits for it. It is almost as if you need to be a technician to own one of these things. I have learned a lot about how to work on this thing, but it is just not worth my time any more. If anyone is interested in a fixer-upper I will consider any offers on it. I will post later with exactly what bits I have for it.

Eddie in Oklahoma
    Will you still be making signs? I have lots of wood - load that thing on your pickup truck, and come to Yellville, Arkansas; maybe we could make a good trade?

PM me and I will send you my e-mail address.

BJB
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Quote Originally Posted by Baugher Sign Co View Post
    It will run through the board loading mode and then when the end of the board goes past the front roller it just stops and says to "Check For Board Problem".
    That sounds like one of the compression rollers switches may need cleaning, they are located behind the keypad.
    Check out this thread I posted where I had problems
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=12103
    Good Luck
    If it doesn't fit force it. If it breaks then it needed replacing anyway.

Have a Craftsman Carver and Running Ver. 1.150

Posting pictures tutorial http://www.malanoski.com/downloads/posting_pictures.pdf.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by forqnc View Post
    That sounds like one of the compression rollers switches may need cleaning, they are located behind the keypad.
    Check out this thread I posted where I had problems
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=12103
    Good Luck
    I don't think that would be it. I did a sensor check and the compression sensors seem to work just fine.

Eddie

Talking

Mabco12,
    PM sent
    The Toymaker

One can not move forward until they leave the past behind

Eddie, where are you located? I'm in Ohio

CJ
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.