Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stuck in bit changing loop

The point that I was getting at is that Scottie is new and when the machine asked for the different bits he may well think it is caught in a loop when it really isn't. He has no way of knowing what bits are used in the design because he didn't design it himself and it only exists on his card.

IMHO the best thing for Scottie to do would be to design a simple two bit carve of his own, upload it to the card and then try it. If the machine asks for more than the two bits then he will know if he really has a problem.

Default QC

I also found that if the bit is not completely seated in the QC it will keep asking for the bit over and over.

IF the bit flag does not come out and the bit does not touch the bit plate, then it will give you the load message over and over....

If the bit flag does not come out far enough, it can be many things including the wires from the right cover switch in the way. The Z Motor hits the wires unless the wires are tucked into the sweet spot in the corner.

So the bit is going past the NOT extended bit plate and thinks that there is NO bit installed.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks Al that is what i was trying to say. Not saying that the bit that is required for said job is not known. The job on the card can not be seen in the design software. mabe as said before create n new one and try it out.
    Just my thoughts.
    Lee
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

5. Default Thank you guys!

Incredible Forum. Thank you guys. I'm certain the plans called for something other than the bits I had on hand. I was able to pull up another plan which was already loaded and used the 1/16th bit to carve away.

I'm not sure how many hours are on the machine, but seeing some wear and play on the bit adapters. This may be also affecting the chuck. I am leaning towards purchasing the rock chuck with more bit adapters and carving bits. Any suggestions how to pair these purchases to get the most for my money? Eventually I'll be shopping for a 3D Scanning probe to allow full functionality of my machine.

Thanks to everyone for the trouble shooting help and crash course into the Carvewright world!

Scottie in Marble Falls, Texas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12