Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stuck in bit changing loop

1. Default stuck in bit changing loop

New to my machine, but have completely read the manual and watched video I could find. I perused about every forum I could find and unable to find an answer.

I purchased my system used which already had plans for a rod holder installed on the card. I loaded the board and went through the series of prompts. I am now stuck in a loop of asking me to install the 1/8 inch bit. It goes through all the checks and homing, then returns to the center asking me to install it again? Its firmly seated, its indeed the 1/8 inch bit, machine has been blown, cleaned and lubricated properly.

Any suggestions?

Scottie D in Marble Falls, TX

Verify that the touch plate on the far side of the machine from the keypad swivels out and that the bit touches it during the process. When I had this happen the touch plate was blocked by sawdust and wasn't swiveling out to meet the bit.

-George

Default Load Bit

Also check the cut motor wires are out of the way. or the z truck can not move far enough to push out the bit plate.
    Lee
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

With the machine turned off for a few moments,
    Move the "Z" Truck alone the "Y" Axis Rail by hand
    to the far side of the Machine away from the Key Pad,
    to see if the flipper touch Plate comes out as the truck engages it.
    As Posted watch for any obstacles the truck may hit along its way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flipper Arm Dust Build-up.jpg   Cut%20Motor%20Wires[1].jpg   Cut Motor Wire Cover Shield.jpg  
    Last edited by Kenm810; 06-14-2010 at 09:08 AM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Quote Originally Posted by whitesnstripes View Post
    New to my machine, but have completely read the manual and watched video I could find. I perused about every forum I could find and unable to find an answer.

I purchased my system used which already had plans for a rod holder installed on the card. I loaded the board and went through the series of prompts. I am now stuck in a loop of asking me to install the 1/8 inch bit. It goes through all the checks and homing, then returns to the center asking me to install it again? Its firmly seated, its indeed the 1/8 inch bit, machine has been blown, cleaned and lubricated properly.

Any suggestions?

Scottie D in Marble Falls, TX

There is another possibility. Pay special attention what the prompts are stating. The project may have been designed using different 1/8" bits. For example the 1/8" ballnose and the 1/8" straight. The machine will ask you to load each of the bits that are required for the project. Since you did not design what is on the card, you have no way of knowing what bits were used in the design.

I hope your problem is that simple.

Jim

Jim, Bit style shouldn't matter the machine is looking for a set length not bit.
    At least that is how it was explained to me.
    Lee
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

Ken, Great pics mine has never looked that tight to the corner. Will need to fix that tonight Thanks.
    Lee
    2 Machines no waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Icutone2 View Post
    Jim, Bit style shouldn't matter the machine is looking for a set length not bit.
    At least that is how it was explained to me.
    Lee
    That is incorrect. In the initial startup the machine is establishing bit length. That is why it is asking to load the different bits. Once the project starts and you are prompted to load the next bit then it is looking for the pre-established bit length.

9. Default

troubleshooted exactly as described and everything seemed to be working as it should. no binding in ribbon cable, nor hesitancy/obstructions along rail. Plate is rotating as it should and bit is touching it while homing.

Is there a way to move the plans from the card to the sw to verify bits? Wuttin' able to figure that one out.

Thanks Guys!

Scottie

Quote Originally Posted by Router-Jim View Post
    That is incorrect. In the initial startup the machine is establishing bit length. That is why it is asking to load the different bits. Once the project starts and you are prompted to load the next bit then it is looking for the pre-established bit length.
    Lee's point is that the CW has no way of knowing which bit you really loaded. Load a cutting bit instead of a carving bit and the CW will establish that length and go on it's merry way using the wrong bit. It won't know to stop you and cause the problem that Scottie is having.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast