Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally ordered the CarveWright

Default Finally ordered the CarveWright

After seeing the machine for the last couple of months, I finally ordered one last week from Sears. This week ALL Craftsman power tools went on sale 20% off. Since mine was still on back ordered, I called Sears and they gave me the sale price....$1,519. Now I still have to wait for it to come in. They orig. told me 17 Dec. Guess it will be a great Christmas gift. I'll be on here alot more looking for ideas, help and showing some of my projects off. With the money I saved I'll probably end up using it to purchase the probe and more bits. Can't Wait!!!!

Big Al (NJ)

Al: I too am contemplating purchasing this machine. The Sears site says it comes with a "Starter" software package. Can you or anyone else shed light on what a "Starter" package is?
    Thanks

Default Correct me if I'm wrong.....

The starter software program is just CarveWrights intial program. After you load that to your computer all you do is select the help button to look up/down load any updates. Good luck, hope to see some project posts from you in the near future. My will be in about 3-4 weeks.

Big Al (NJ)

Great price for a great machine, Al. Although I'm not sure what the "light" version of the software differes from the "full" version, or it's cost differential, but I'd say you need the full version to make full use of the machine. Looks like you got a great Christmas present for yourself.

Bob Hill
    Tampa Florida

Default Black Friday Special

All Craftsman tools were 20% off from 0500-1100 hrs. I went to Sears web page and it still shows the CarveWright for $1,519.99 here's the path:
    http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/subca...seBVCookie=Yes

When I initially called Sears this is the number they gave me to 1-800-377-7414 to reserve a backorder. Good luck, don't know how long they'll keep this machine at this price....

Big Al (NJ)

This price thing is really wacky. I reserved one from CarveWright last week @ $1799 because they said that was what Sears was advertising. I never did see that price advertised. Last night I clicked the Sears link and saw the $1519.99 price. Now it's back to $1899. The thing is, no one has one, not Sears or CarveWright, so I guess it's all a crap shoot until someone actually has a machine to sell.

Default 17 Dec is my delivery date....

Or at least that's what I was told by Sears. I think what CarveWright did was let Sears have the first shipment for distribution and then they'll take the second shipmant around the end of Dec.

Big Al (NJ)

Default Sears is a bit confusing

I have to agree that Sers pricing structure is a bit confusing. I called the Sears 1-800 number and was told that the $1519 price was a misprint. I went in to our local store as well to verify. Went back to the local store Sunday and got the $1799 price with 12 months no payment/interest (which is worth about $30/month in waived interest). So still it was a good deal, and it will be shipped to the local store for free.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

I'm curious. For those ordering from Sears. Did they offer an extended warranty? If so, how long...how much? Just the shipping costs to CW could get pretty pricey if you have too many issues with the unit over time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikevds
    I'm curious. For those ordering from Sears. Did they offer an extended warranty? If so, how long...how much? Just the shipping costs to CW could get pretty pricey if you have too many issues with the unit over time.
    No, they did not offer an extended warranty at all
    Kurt

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast