Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Screen Shot Software

With Snagit you can set any region on your screen to capture either an image or video (including a streaming video like some presented here on the CarveWright site) WITH sound (but via your computer speakers and pick up mic, so you need a quiet background). Snagit is the best capture software around, unless you go for Camtasia (also by TechSmith) as it will also allow you to capture any sequence you may be working on (like Designer and add your voice description from your mic at the same time). It will also allow you to capture anything off your computer with your WEB camera with sound, such as physically working on something. It's up to version 10.0 now and well worth the price (IMNSHO).
    Bob Hill

2. Default

i've been using alt+prt sc (print screen)since win 98 holding alt grabs the active window only not the whole screen. just prt sc and you got a bit more cropping.

I seen another post besides this one and someone was talking about Irfanview program, I see Spalted talked a little about it here too. I was wondering if anyone has used it and if there is any special settings that need to be used, I also want to run this program from my external hard drive and on my computers hard drive. Any pointers and help sure is appreciated.
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

I am running Windows XP and just hit Ctrl and Print screen key and paste into Paint.net
    " The Hurdier I Go, The Behinder I Get"

I have a couple "fancy-schmancy" screen capture programs...but I never use them...Alt+Prnt Scrn or just Prnt Scrn are how I do all of the screenshots for whatever-publication-I'm-working-on. Both functions copy to the clipboard, then I paste into whatever graphics program I'm using that day...crop, adjust, resize there, then save.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

On Windows 8, the windows_key + print_screen saves the current screen to your "Pictures" folder, no clipboard needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallus View Post
    On Windows 8, the windows_key + print_screen saves the current screen to your "Pictures" folder, no clipboard needed.
    Good to know. I haven't got the guts to go Win 8 yet. Next new computer.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I know how to do a screen shot, or use snipit, but this Irfanview program is suppose to be able to open or view our designer files (mpc and pnt)'s and show a picture if my mind remembers right. Was really wanting to know how to use it. This was the only thread I found using the word "Irfanview".
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

You can read all about Irfanview here"

http://www.irfanview.com/

It mostly works with digital pictures.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12