Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Colonial Eagle Patriot Box- Project of the Month

Hi Doug,
    I get mine at Lowes they are not with the long hinges, look where the hinges and knob section is, there is an area for small box building, hinges and clasps etc. they have 6” and 8” I believe.
    Cheers.
    Ray

Talking

Don't know if I'll do it or not this time. But when I make this box was thinking of deleting the Eagle, make the top, and then also past the Eagle onto a contrasting wood, cut the Eagle out and overlay it onto the then bear top. Just for the heck of it. Maybe, will see.

Sounds like that should look really nice. we'll need to see some pics when you get that done.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Quote Originally Posted by Smoken D View Post
    Don't know if I'll do it or not this time. But when I make this box was thinking of deleting the Eagle, make the top, and then also past the Eagle onto a contrasting wood, cut the Eagle out and overlay it onto the then bear top. Just for the heck of it. Maybe, will see.
    I'm kinda thinking that if I make this box for some Veteran buddies, I can move the eagle to one of the sides and put the person's military rank on top and maybe years served. Don't know.... just thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    I'm kinda thinking that if I make this box for some Veteran buddies, I can move the eagle to one of the sides and put the person's military rank on top and maybe years served. Don't know.... just thinking.
    I like that idea. My wife's cousin's husband actually just got out of the military. I think I may "borrow" your idea and try it out.
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

Quote Originally Posted by atauer View Post
    I like that idea. My wife's cousin's husband actually just got out of the military. I think I may "borrow" your idea and try it out.
    Cool.... upload some pics when you get it done to see how it turned out. I'm still "chompin' at the bit" in trying to get back to Dallas to start working on that project.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345