Thread: Kyokushin Karate plaque

1. Default Kyokushin Karate plaque

I don't remember if I ever posted pics of this plaque I made a while back, a co-worker teaches at this dojo.
    Walnut, oil finish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Plaque-01.jpg  
    May you be well, may you find happiness! : - )
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

Wow, looks awesome, I am sure he was very pleased. Must have been a sanding nightmare on all those flames

Craig

wow nice piece of work thanks for sharing

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by c6craig View Post
    Wow, looks awesome, I am sure he was very pleased. Must have been a sanding nightmare on all those flames

Craig
    Actually, very little sanding needed. Did this on best setting. I used scotch-brite disk and dremel. Maybe 5 minutes just to remove the few fuzz left by the machine.
    The walnut is a reject piece from a hardwood floor manufacturer, the customer loved the cracks and defects of this particular piece. I took the model from their T-shirt and reconstructed it using artcam.
    May you be well, may you find happiness! : - )
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

That looks great! I also like the natural defects in the wood - Natures Art.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyeka View Post
    Actually, very little sanding needed. Did this on best setting. I used scotch-brite disk and dremel. Maybe 5 minutes just to remove the few fuzz left by the machine.
    The walnut is a reject piece from a hardwood floor manufacturer, the customer loved the cracks and defects of this particular piece. I took the model from their T-shirt and reconstructed it using artcam.
    That's cool, I have been using some black walnut that I got a good deal on and it seems the hairs of the grain stand up as fast as I can knock them down. Of course I am in Florida and the humidity is ridiculous...

Again, nicely done.

Craig