Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cut Motor problems

1. Default

I checked the circuit board underneath and everything looks fine.

I would try the cleaning first and get back to us, also the bits need to be very sharp..

LG

Still sounds like the C1 problem... You must tug slightly on the C1 to see the broken wire....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

4. Default

I tugged on the C1 and it was secure. Anyone in the state of Georgia that can help out? No luck with support.

5. Default

Ok, I checked the brushes on the old motor out of curiosity. They looked fine. The new cut sensor checked out fine on the sensor check menu when I turned the chuck by hand. I looked at all the boards underneath the machine. Everything looked fine. The new motor is in and the chuck still won't turn when trying to send a job thru. I don't know what else to do besides getting the shotgun out.

how much flexshaft core stick out from the end? if you have a loose shaft end tube the shaft will not turn the chuck and will slip out of the truck during operation.

Do you hear the motor turning or not? I am thinking you are saying the motor never starts.

It COULD be wired WRONG.... Black Wire from the X Termination Circuit board to Black on the Cut Motor. White wire from the X Termination board to one of the right cover switch. The extra cover switch wire to the white wire on the cut motor. It does not matter which wire you use to and from the right side switch, it just loops through.

So it is going to come down to:

Not wired properly
    Bad X Termination Board
    Bad Right Cover Switch
    Bad computer, not sending the start signal.
    Loose right cover switch.
    One of the crimp connectors is crimped on plastic not copper.. Did the machine ever work?

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 06-01-2010 at 10:34 AM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

8. Default

I'll check the flex shaft but shouldn't the motor still make some type of noise or try to turn?
    Last edited by firedawgbw; 06-01-2010 at 10:32 AM. Reason: more specific

9. Default

I tried the wires both ways from the switch and the motor still does not turn.

10. Default

If the FFC ribbon cable is damaged at all, will that keep the cut motor from turning?
    Last edited by firedawgbw; 06-10-2010 at 07:27 PM. Reason: more specific

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast