Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cut Motor problems

Default Cut Motor problems

I was getting a check cut motor error message on the machine. After talking to support, I ordered a new cut motor and sensor. After replacing them both, I am getting the same message and the bit is still not spinning or making any noises. Please help anyone.

what version otf software are you running?

LG

version 1.164

Default clean the inside of the shaft.

one thing I would do is to remove the flex shaft from the motor and clean the
    shaft and core with paint thinner to remover the sludge. I not sure if this is recommended buy Carvewight so due this at own own risk..

I be doing the same thing this week you will be shocked just how dirty the shaft gets, once clean and dry oil the core and see if that helps.

LG

Default cut motor

had the same thing happen one time it turned out to be the wiring to the cover switch opposite the keyboard side,

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinetdesigner View Post
    had the same thing happen one time it turned out to be the wiring to the cover switch opposite the keyboard side,
    Good idea! I look at that on mine as the wires conetors are getting a little loose. I think i will just re wire them as my unit is a little old.

LG
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 05-28-2010 at 01:26 PM.

I've replaced the cover switch opposite the keyboard already. I'm clueless. I can't get in touch with Carvewright due to the power outage. Is there anywhere to get these machines repaired?

Default cut motor

I replaced my switch also it didnt fix it it was the wiring between the switch and the cut motor. I figured it out by unpluging the wires up by the cut motor and jumpered it .

It could be the X Termination Board.... Under the machine.... The Q1 Transistor is the on off switch for the Cut Motor. If the C1 Cap has broken off like I had 2 snap last summer from QC Vibration about 500 hours.... That could be the problem....

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC07810_WEB.jpg   DSC07811_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

When the motor powers up after a bit change it sounds intermediate it's been like that for a long time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast