Thread: ftsman 1/4 in. QuickRout™ Kit on Trend Router?

adamchapman Guest

Default ftsman 1/4 in. QuickRout™ Kit on Trend Router?

Hi,

I recently came across thie Carvewright Quickrout kit which looks very good, but have not been able to find out how it attatches to a router.

I have a Trend T4 router which I use on a home-built CNC. I curently use a 1/4 inch collet in mt Trend T4 and it is not big enough to use 1/2 inch collets.

Could someone please forward me a manual explaining how the quickrout kit attatches to a normal router and/or if my trend T4 can use it? the outer thread om my collet holder is about 15mm diameter.

Many Thanks
    Adam

Adam,

If you are referring to the QuickChuck it is pretty much made for a CarveWright machine with 3/4" - 20 threads spindle so you may want to check your spindle to see if it is compatible. Sears also offers the chuck for the Sears router but it is a different configuration than the one sold for the CarveWright machine and I don't remember the spindle specification but they are not interchangeable.

A couple of chucks that you may want to look at is the Eliminator RC chuck or a Whiteside Quick Change Chuck.

If you need information on the Eliminator RC chuck you may want to contact the inventor Joe Marmo at 703-644-4188 between 10AM and 10PM Eastern, 7 days a week to see if he offers the chuck for the Trend T4.

Good Luck

Hi Adam,
    I would also be willing to adapt the Rock Chuck system to your router if you are interested.

Thanks for any interest you may have!

Ron
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

4. Default

I would go with Ron's offer. I'm getting a new machine in a few more weeks and i want my rock chuck on it. I just need the router that comes with it first. The quick chuck for the cw will not hold up on a larger cnc machine. The qc need a lot of maintenance and user error is an issue.

Good Luck
    MH