Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carvers Club

Default Carvers Club

I have been trying to decide if joining the carvers club would be worth the investment. My money is tight right now and I do not want to spend it on things that would not be beneficial.

christian

IMHO, there are so many great projects that folks here have shared, for the average user, you'll never get thru them all. Carve 15 or 20 projects, or so, and you'll figure out just how beneficial the Carvers Club will be for your personal situation.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Just to be clear....

The CARVERS CLUB is not the PROJECT OF THE MONTH SUBSCRIPTION.

The Carvers Club offers:
    1.Monthly Exclusive Promotions*
    2.Unlimited Free Phone Support
    3.25% OFF all labor costs for repairs
    http://www.carvewright.com/cms/carversclub

The Project of the Month Subscription offers:
    This subscription Newsletter gives you a new project to build, complete with instructions, every month for a year. Specially created by Michael Tyler, these projects sell individually from $30, $40, $65 each or more! By signing up for the subscription project newsletter, you'll save hundreds of dollars!

Each month's project includes all the pattern layouts you'll need, along with a compete set of step-by-step instructions. The mastery of these projects will amaze you and anyone else who sees them.
    http://www.carvewright.com/cms/subscription

---
    For My money - you can't go wrong with the Project of the month subscription. Each project is excellent, MT does a heck of a job on these for us. You can also browse the projects in the store to see what the past POMs were to get a better idea.

As for the Carvers club, it really depends on your warranty status and how many times you are calling support. They have given us very few patterns, and I have only cared for one of the month's discounts (This month was $10 off each carving or cutting bit).

Good luck,
    Craig
    Last edited by c6craig; 05-26-2010 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Add

I'd second that. The POM is definately money well spent. You get 12 "wow factor" projects that really highlight many of the capaibilitis of the machine.

If under warrenty, i'm not sure Carver club offer much value.

Doug Fletcher

Wink

YES for P.O.M.
    Money well spent for this one!

POM is a good investment and MT is really good at what he does.

CJ

Is the 'elevated tech support' worth the extra money?

Quote Originally Posted by firedawgbw View Post
    Is the 'elevated tech support' worth the extra money?
    Not if you are in warranty. The tech support is the same for everyone, but if you are out of warranty you pay $25 per incident for support. This eliminates that.

Good luck,
    Craig

I paid the extra for the CC for the support. Have to say it is no different then the support you normally get. Email still goes unanswered and pc not returned.

The extras they "give" are mostly related to you buying something else thats the old noting is really free thing

Fact is with the guys here you can most likely solve any issue

The POm however is a sure bet speaking of POMs I have not got any for awhile hope they renewed me

I agree Hess, I won't be renewing mine when it expires. Most of the discounts didn't apply to me with the exception of one (the $10 of bits). I haven't needed support, this forum is 24 hour support. I'll roll the dice next time around with the $25 per incident.

Craig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast