Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone love there machine

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead781 View Post
    ahh yes i heard about that. what does it have to do with what i said

P.S. i don't watch tv
    I think LG thought you started a wish list and he was just adding to it.

2. Default

ahh gotcha thanks

Is the "get it all package "the best dill for the buck? I think it is but just thought i would ask! Thanks!

I've enjoyed my Carvewright as much as I ever have any other power tool. It doesn't create the gut wretching passion that a hand tool can... but neither can any other power tool that I own.

The best way I heard it put was from another user that said the Carvewright is just like his wife... it is

...a little tempermental at times
    ...it gets angry when the house is dirty
    ...no matter what accessories you buy for her it is still a bit loud
    ...there are definate maintenance "issues"
    ...it seems cheap at first compared to the competition but the price quickly adds up due to consumables

but when things are right, they are RIGHT!

Yeah... I like my Carvewright a lot... and much like my old 72 Malibu I had when I was 16 every time I get ready to start it up I give it a little pat and say "OK sweetie... start for me just one... more... time...." and just like that beautiful car, my carvewright has started up every time so far. My next step will probably be to give the CW a name... I think I'll call her "Molly"

Lawrence
    Last edited by lawrence; 05-25-2010 at 10:25 PM.

Default i would wait for the new ones with

the carvetight spindle. the full bit set i dont see a use for. the only other bit besides the carving and cutting bits that come with it would be a 90 or 60 degree bit if you get centerline text and maybe the 3/8 bit for calibrating. most everything else is best bone with a router and $10 bit.
    my patterns are at www.upillar.com do a search for "ptn"

email for patterns: patternmaster@live.com

I love my machine and my Rock Chuck. I agree with Timcosby on the tools. I have the complete tool set but don't use them except in my router table set up. Using these in my router is faster and saves on the CW, I'd much rather save the CW just for doing the delecate carving, the rest I'll do on other machines or by hand.

CJ

Thumbs up I agree

Quote Originally Posted by CarverJerry View Post
    I love my machine and my Rock Chuck. I agree with Timcosby on the tools. I have the complete tool set but don't use them except in my router table set up. Using these in my router is faster and saves on the CW, I'd much rather save the CW just for doing the delecate carving, the rest I'll do on other machines or by hand.

CJ
    We have the full bit set also and only use the 90, 60, 1/4" ball and the 3/8" straight bit. I make a lot of picture frames and use the 3/8 to carve the recess on the back. I tried "edge route" once and didn't like the stress it put on the machine and I can do it faster with the routing table.

Quote Originally Posted by jaroot View Post
    We have the full bit set also and only use the 90, 60, 1/4" ball and the 3/8" straight bit. I make a lot of picture frames and use the 3/8 to carve the recess on the back. I tried "edge route" once and didn't like the stress it put on the machine and I can do it faster with the routing table.
    What might be cool is if someone would make a small project using each of the bits to show the effect and look of each one. Just a thought..........
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Also is the heavy duty traction belt a good idea to go ahead and get or is the normal belt okay?

Quote Originally Posted by searcherman View Post
    Also is the heavy duty traction belt a good idea to go ahead and get or is the normal belt okay?
    The normal belts are perfectly fine. Use flat straight stock and they'll last a long long time.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast