Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Table Saw Safety

Post Table Saw Safety

GREG

Работа по поддержке мое хобби!

Yep, after the second 'incedent' of my fingers contacting a sharp spinny thing, I bought one of those. Expensive, but worth every dime! I spend so many hours every day in front of a tablesaw that sooner or later, reaction wood or inattentiveness will get the upper hand. I'm still careful but have something else to help keep my fingers where they belong.
    The other plus to that saw is the quality, fit & finish is at the top of the spectrum.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Can't say enough about the one I got as well. Top notch saw and great to have the extra safety there as well. You never know...

Craig

EDIT - By the way - here are a few pics of what happens when you trip the blade. Pics aren't the best as my hands were still a bit shaky Now how much was a finger or two worth these days?? Happens so fast you will be standing there thinking "what the hell, my saw just broke and my blade is gone.." It actually takes a minute to realize what just happened.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  
    Last edited by c6craig; 05-20-2010 at 09:09 PM. Reason: add

Thumbs up Sawstop

My buddy has one of these and the best thing about it is that it IS a quality piece of equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jaroot View Post
    My buddy has one of these and the best thing about it is that it IS a quality piece of equipment.
    I love it. Coming from a Craftsman contractor style table saw, this thing is like going from a Prius to a Corvette....

Craig

Default Table Saw

Does anyone have a link where to get one of these.THANKS

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Scanning with Carvewight Probe and Next Engine 3d Laser Scanner HD
    If you have any scanning needs let us know.Check Out Our Patterns in the depot under eromran

If you allow it to happen, you can let today erase all of yesterday or if you choose,you can let yesterday erase the rest of your life.
    Ed

Last edited by Kenm810; 05-21-2010 at 07:20 AM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Default Table saw

Thanks for the link wish i had that a couple years back luckly all i lost was the very tip of my thumb you can hardly tell now but it makes you think.

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Scanning with Carvewight Probe and Next Engine 3d Laser Scanner HD
    If you have any scanning needs let us know.Check Out Our Patterns in the depot under eromran

If you allow it to happen, you can let today erase all of yesterday or if you choose,you can let yesterday erase the rest of your life.
    Ed

If you or anyone is thinking about getting the SawStop,
    I've read that the company encourages users to send in the spent cartridges when they touch the blade for further analysis,
    and they said that they will send the user a free replacement cartridge in these instances
    (brake cartridges cost $69 for a 10” blade and $89 for an 8” dado).
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Quote Originally Posted by Kenm810 View Post
    If you or anyone is thinking about getting the SawStop,
    I've read that the company encourages users to send in the spent cartridges when they touch the blade for further analysis,
    and they said that they will send the user a free replacement cartridge in these instances
    (brake cartridges cost $69 for a 10” blade and $89 for an 8” dado).
    Or you can hang it on the shop wall as a $69 reminder to SLOW DOWN and THINK That's where mine is

Craig

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast