Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How much is this forum worth to you?

1. Default

I am simply amazed at the plethora of information, help and personal assistance that this forum provides. Some members (we all know who they are!) take so much of their own time to examine people's files, research obscure questions, run tests on their own machines and bring to the table a wealth of experience, intelligence and creative insight that is hard to find anywhere else. Without this forum, most of us would have hit the wall with our machines long ago. I try to check it every day and I am always amazed at the profound sense of community the members here have. There are few pieces of equipment that inspire such passion from its owners. Thanks to everyone who have contributed in any way!
    Frederick Potter
    Editions by Frederick
    http://www.editionsbyfrederick.com

Keep 98% of the dust out of your machine with this free dust collector:
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...e-final-answer

I too have never been a member of a forum before. When I purchased my Carvewright I joined to see what it was all about. I was pleased with all the friendly members and the help they provided. Just reading about the issues the machine had or operator error helped me to avoid or minimize the problems. I’m hooked now, can’t go a day without logging on to read what’s new and exciting.
    This forum and everyone here deserve a pat on the back. Thanks
    B Lantz

I have been, and still am, in a number of other forums, but none as involved and cooperative as this one. Thanks to all!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

George
    Life is short....drink the good wine first!

Since moving into my new apartment, I haven't been able to use my cw. I have to wait for warmer weather cause I can only use it outside. But I'm on this forum everyday absorbing the wealth of info it has.

If anyone wants to know just how valuable the Forum is, go to any Senior Member's profile (especially the one's with zillions of posts), and look at their posts - go to the first few posts they made, and you'll get a feel for just how much the Forum educates every one here.

At the risk of speaking for all, each one of us made rookie mistakes, we were all newbies, etc (well, except maybe for MT and AW). I'm still making them, but I know where to go for the best support, free or not.

Thanks, guys - can't say it enough.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Quote Originally Posted by Mikewiz View Post
    Since moving into my new apartment, I haven't been able to use my cw. I have to wait for warmer weather cause I can only use it outside. But I'm on this forum everyday absorbing the wealth of info it has.
    While you are waiting on warm weather, it would be a super time to make hay with the scanning probe! Think of all the pattern you might be making from various things you can scan.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Default How valuable is the forum to me?

I found about the forum around the same time I melted down my flex shaft.

After finding out that Sears had no clue what a CompuCarve was and seeing LHRs number in the back of the manual and making a call, they informed me of the new lube procedure and of course the CW Forum. They even sent me a knew flex shaft assembly .

It was my very first sign up for any kind of forum and I soon found out about all of the great people who are here and how they will go out of their way to help the new carvers. Like Jerry (CNSRANCH) posted about the senior members and their posts, I went back into the archives and read just about every post from the start of the forum. At the time I was more than over whelmed with the things they were talking about and what they were doing with the machine. After many long blurry cross eyed nights of reading and then trying/applying their tips and techniques with the software and machine the light bulb was on and the fire started...

Many thanks to those who were here before me (hope some do still check in on occasion), to those who came on line with me and to those who have joined since..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I enjoy the forum for the friendship with all the wonderful people I have met online and wish I can meet in person! I have learned so much and have talked to a few members on the phone and talk to Robert Dages almost every week! Whenever I need a pattern without fail I am helped! If I have a question about a problem with my CW it is answered!

How much is this forum worth? You can't put a price on it!

Ike

I was one of the early Beta testers and back in Feb. of '06 LHR decided to have this forum. They asked for volunteers to help run it. I was in the early stages of learning and testing the Mac software and found some great people here as well as thousands of spammers. I stayed on to try and keep this place running smoothly and when I had the time to play with the CW. I am a cabinetmaker and mostly use the CW for drilling shelf pin holes. Consequently, most of you have far surpassed me in creating carvings.
    Believe it or not, my second machine (the Beta died sorta after 300 hours) only has about 275 hours on it and I still use the QC chuck. When I have a problem or need some help on a carving, the forum members are eager to help. My CW has never been back to Texas because the availability of parts and the knowledge here has always allowed me to be able to repair it in my shop. Keep informing the Mods of the spammers, & we'll do our best to ban them & delete the junk.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Today I was touched in the heart from a young boy named Luke, whose Grandpa is a member of this forum and is in the hospital. This young man is mature beyond his age of 14 and even though miles between him and his "Poppy" he has a connections of woodworking. A bond from his Poppy making gifts for him and his siblings and now that his Poppy is ill, Luke and his family will be moving to be close to his Poppy. Luke now wants to learn how to use the tools his Poppy used. One being the CW and which brings hope when Poppy comes home his gifts will be great!

Today at church the sermon was on spiritual gifts or talents. We seem to focus on the "spiritual" aspects of our talents and reading the gifts some us think I do not have these gifts and put it out of our mind. But these gifts of talent are not confined to just speaking in tongues or interpreting etc. Our talents are different and like the body we are made of many parts. So is this forum without all of us we are not a whole!

We have members who helps other keep things going and members who shows how things are done! We have other that are quick to share patterns to advice! So anybody thinking you can not help because of being new or not experience. You are wrong you may have knowledge of computers others may not. Or have expertise in areas others do not!

How much is this forum worth to me? Without every member of this forum it would be worthless!

Sorry for the mini sermon, but I needed to share what was on my heart!

Ike
    Last edited by Ike; 02-20-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast