Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much is this forum worth to you?

Default How much is this forum worth to you?

I had an interesting conversation with my Uncle the other night about the CW and the forum/community that follows it. The funny thing was that he is in the market for a larger CNC Router and was thinking of buying a ShopBot at one time, he has now moved on to a different machine but is weeks away from ordering one. I guess ShopBot has the same type of community that helps each other out like the CW. He saw this as a benefit but has not really added it to helping him purchase the machine. My thoughts were this forum is worth a lot of money to someone like me and cannot believe someone could pass up the opportunity to have a community of users help you out.

So thanks to everyone for the help and discussion, has anyone else used this in their decision making about certain types of equipment or software?
    CHECK OUT MY SITE/BLOG!
    WWW.MANCAVECARVINGS.COM

Without the forum, the CW probably would have not been purchased. If by some chance I did purchase it without the forum, it would have either been sold or junked long ago.

Because I think there is definitely a learning curve, it is only through the forums help that I have been able to work through those issues.

Additionally, for those of us who are not computer saavy (I'm technologically challenged), making my own patterns would have never met the capabilities of the machine and I would have given up without knowing what the machine can do. Even now that I have figured out the basics of the machine, if the forum went away, so would the machine.

John

Thumbs up Glad

Hi
    If not for the forum I would have juked the cw. I would have missed out on hours of enjoyment. THANKS TO EVERYONE ON THE FORUM
    Jim McGee
    Last edited by MCGEE2SKINNER; 05-20-2010 at 12:53 PM. Reason: spelling

I like to look at it like I've paid $2400 for my forum membership and got a free CW. When it breaks... I just say... well.. heck is was free.. thank god I have the forum membership to help me get it working again.

Doug Fletcher

With all the negative publicity about the CW, if not for the forum, I would not have purchased it. The forum gave a true assessment of the CW good and bad, allowing me to make the right choice.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Right now, the forum is the only thing that is keeping going. I'll put a few more dollars into it, but so far, I'm still not impressed. I thought when I upgraded with the new z bundle and the rock chuck all my problems would be resolved. see my other post.

meant to say "keeping me going", my fingers don't work as fast as my brain. Boy I must be a real slow typer

Agreed... if not for the folks that give so much (Michael, Bud, Rob, BJB, Jerry, Ken, and many many more) I would not have ever bought a carvewright (though I have to admit there are one or two here that can be so abrasive that it almost prevented me from joining) This all being said, thank you to all for the support, tutorials, help, and encouragement!

Lawrence

Definately the forum is what makes the Carvewright what it is. Still have alot to learn, but with this many good people here and the patience they have...... I'll make it just fine!
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

10. Default

the forum is worht gold to me with out it i would have a high dollar pile of junk but only junk because i would not know how to start to work it. Thank's to everyone out there with the right advice at the right time every time.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast