Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FFPD Event Sign

1. Default FFPD Event Sign

Started work on an event sign for my local Volunteer Fire Department. Today we got the holes drilled, the tubes in place and then coverd (expecting 1.5 inches of rain tomorrow). Please follow along as we show you how this sign progresses and how the CarveWright machine plays a part in "Dressing Up" the finished item.

We brought out the BIG Toys

For those of you that have never met me ... that is my back.

Everything starts somewhere.

Follow my Blog and view more photos at CutsCarvesAndColors.ning.com .... Blog link http://cutscarvesandcolors.ning.com/...ire-protection
    Last edited by LittleRedWoodshop; 05-20-2010 at 03:09 AM.

Default FFPD Event Sign Project

Thanks for Sharing the photos of your ongoing project,
    we'll be watching for more info and pictures as it progresses.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Jason,
    Looks like it will not be a small project! Will be watching for the updates..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I cannot wait to see the rest of the project! I was thinking of doing a sign for the police department I work for so I would also like to see how you designed your sign for a municipality.
    CHECK OUT MY SITE/BLOG!
    WWW.MANCAVECARVINGS.COM

5. Default Ordinances

The first thing that you need to do is check with your local building code folks. Even in our small town of 1800 people we had to have a building permit (27 dollars not budgeted), the sign cannot exceed 9 square feet, the sign had to be 25 feet from any intersection, 15 feet from a driveway, 3 feet from any parking lot, 5 feet off the property line, the bottom of the sign had to be 7 feet off of street level, blah, blah, blah, you get the idea.

I wish I had done this before I designed the sign ... things had to change a bit to fit the cities ordinances.

I will post he stetches later on today.

I'm lucky I guess in the part that the one I would complete would attatche to a side of building and our town (we have you beat on small town.. less than 1k..LOL) does not have ordinances in place for signage. But I can see the building permit if it were to be freestanding.
    CHECK OUT MY SITE/BLOG!
    WWW.MANCAVECARVINGS.COM

Jason will be watching the progress. Aroung here they would have broken two bits to drill those two holes. Even this little town I am in (less than 500) has rules such as you mentioned. Wife is working for a grant writer/survey company, and she comes home with the strange regulations in place for the different towns around here.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Since it is a fire department, If the zoning board lived in that area, How long would it take to get to their fire.

Not to mention calling "Dig Safe" to find that Fiber Optic Cable or Parking Lot lighting.... My Sign Magazine said that more Sign companies get closed down every year for digging through fiber optic cables..... We lost Internet and phone about 6 months ago when someone sliced a fiber cable.

Hey, Where are all the ROCKS...... That looks like easy digging......

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

10. Default Waiting

on the rain to stop so we set the posts and pour the cement. No rocks here just nice black dirt. I will start on the carvings on Monday.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast