Thread: 3d

Question 3d

does anyone know where i can a 3d not for a lot of money ed

Quote Originally Posted by bernie View Post
    does anyone know where i can a 3d not for a lot of money ed
    I'm not 100% sure what you are asking, but if you are looking for a low cost 3d modeling program.. I would look in to Blender. It is free but it does have a pretty steep learning curve.

Good luck,

Doug Fletcher

You might also want to check out http://www.3d-designer.com/ and zbrush www.pixologic.com
    Last edited by www.go3d.us; 05-20-2010 at 12:20 PM.

There are many low cost 3d programs, and some are even free. Some of the 3d softwares are not stable in vista or win7 64 bit. In Xp 32 bit they are much better. I have a list of 30 day trial software I am going to use and see which one fits the bill. To learn most you need to learn about polygons, tri's, and quads, along with their usages in 3d modeling. As I have mentioned many times I am learning too, yet many 3d patterns that look great are planner, and not 3d but 2.5d. Paint.net does great on 2.5d there are tutorals here on paint.net software. 3d software makes it possible to make the 3d effects, it is up to you the designer to make something in 3d, no matter which software you are using.
    It would be nice for those making patterns here to let us all know what software they are using. I know some are out of my reach but I would still like to know for the future.
    Right now I am using Silo 2.1 less learning curve, many video tuturals, no tech support (lazy programmers), unstable in vista and win7, worse in 64bit.
    Will work in either if run in comp mode of xp and DEP disabled.
    Ok what are you using?, likes, dislikes and so on.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie