Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My newest series of coasters and plaques

Default depth and thickness

Hi Michael T
    To answer your questions, I set the coasters using a 60 deg V bit at 1/16"
    and the 8 x8 the pattern is set at .200. The material is 3/8". I'm not sure it even Corian. It has some very funny writing on the back. It's forigen, but it carve so well. It seems to be harder than Corian.
    I picked it up in Dallas and the sheets were 30" x 96". I had to cut them into just to bring them home.
    All I know is I'm going to get some more on the next trip.
    Myshop1044
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

Quote Originally Posted by myshop1044 View Post
    Hi Michael T
    To answer your questions, I set the coasters using a 60 deg V bit at 1/16"
    and the 8 x8 the pattern is set at .200. The material is 3/8". I'm not sure it even Corian. It has some very funny writing on the back. It's forigen, but it carve so well. It seems to be harder than Corian.
    I picked it up in Dallas and the sheets were 30" x 96". I had to cut them into just to bring them home.
    All I know is I'm going to get some more on the next trip.
    Myshop1044
    Great info - thank you!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

3. Default Masking Technique.

Something that I do with pieces that I know I am going to be painting is to mask it before I carve it. I find the cheapest contact or shelf paper that I can (I have found it on clearance for a quarter a roll). I cover the entire piece of the contact paper, carve through it (I have never had an issue with this), spray paint the piece and then peel the mask off.

Hope that helps someone. The sing below was actually finished with that technique.

GWEE Guest

Ive done that before with a router works great.

My father "accidentally" bought 40 rolls of vinyl at an auction and I was thinking of using that to cover a carving a paint it that way. But the particular one (fireman's prayer) I was thinking of doing has really small letters do you think the bit will "grab" it and tear it away from the smaller tips? I can see how on larger print it would work just wondering if anyone has experience with smaller print.

Great coasters by the way!
    CHECK OUT MY SITE/BLOG!
    WWW.MANCAVECARVINGS.COM

6. Default This

Plaque was finished htat way ... painted the red, let it dry, covered with contact paper, carved and then stained.

Are you selling those and if so how much? I was going to post an advertisement in our local volunteer FD and sell some I'm just not sure how much to charge. Someone is selling the posted Fireman's Prayer with just the multeese cross on eBay for $35, I can't justify that with 2hrs of carving.
    CHECK OUT MY SITE/BLOG!
    WWW.MANCAVECARVINGS.COM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12