Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in this avenue??

Default Anyone interested in this avenue??

Hello educators.
    I have some things that I have been doing with my carvewright machine with my students. Does anyone want to get this thread off the ground to share some ideas??? We shall soon find out!!
    Mabco12

Sounds good, how about posting some of your students projects with a short story how they did it. Hope this works for you.

CJ

Default Coming soon!!!!

I will be posting some picture soon on this venue. We have made acrylic desk signs for teachers as well as hall and room passes. Some students have done personalized individual projects which came out pretty nice for their first time doing this type of activity. Any pointers on posting pics?????
    Mabco12

4. Default

Maybe at your school you could make award and recognition plaques for students and faculty that are otherwise subsidized out to other companies. Not really sure how that works but sounds like an idea to me.Get that revenue to benefit your program and to purchase more material. Matt
    www.twinpeaksenterprisesllc.com

"Premium, Kiln Dried, Dimensioned to your request, Black Cherry, Black Walnut, Poplar, woods limited quanities"

Quote Originally Posted by mabco12 View Post
    ...Any pointers on posting pics?????
    You can post 5 pics per post. Use the "Manage Attachments" button when you make your post - it will display file size limits for each file type, and you can navigate to your photos from there to upload. I have found that jpg's at 80% of the original quality and sized at 640x480 (at 96dpi) display nicely and are well under the size limit.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Default Ideas?????

I have some ideas but is anyone interested in developing a curriculum??? I would love to do this for my middle school students to develop some state of the art tech experiences for them.

Let me know if interested??

Mabco12
    Mabco12

Sounds like you've got the ball rolling now, just start it off with some of your ideas and we'll follow along and fill in the blanks.

CJ
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Default Just an Idea

I remember a while back, I did some Plaque Carvings for our High Schools Students store,
    they wanted something the Students, Parents, and Alumni might buy as Keep sakes from the School,
    plus make a little money to help operate the Store.
    I made carvings of the School Logo and a few of the local Sports Teams that the Students were involved in.
    Soon they were selling enough of them to buy the supplies needed to make more,
    eventually one of the parents bought a Carving Machine for His sons, plus a few of their friends
    to use and keep the School Store supplied with Signs and Plaques,
    and to sell at Sports Rallies.

I still often see them pop-up now then at the School sponsored Arts and Craft Shows
    even at local Track and Swim Meets, Hockey Games, but mostly at Soccer and Baseball Games.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails School and Team Logos 1a.jpg  
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Quote Originally Posted by mabco12 View Post
    Any pointers on posting pics?????
    Open a photobucket account its free
    you can up load your project pics to a photo bucket
    then post a link to your album on this forum for
    everyone to view, or you can post single photo links
    here (up to 5)

www.photobucket.com

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    You can post 5 pics per post.
    I am a new member and was
    just curious as why only five pics can be posted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast