Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody seen this yet?

Default Anybody seen this yet?

Not that I am looking to replace my CW, but this may make a nice addition to my shop. www.stingerCNC.com

For those who are members of Sawmill Creek there are discounts offered. I know Al is drooling. Al...?

Quote Originally Posted by JDPratt View Post
    Not that I am looking to replace my CW, but this may make a nice addition to my shop. www.stingerCNC.com

For those who are members of Sawmill Creek there are discounts offered. I know Al is drooling. Al...?
    Here's some more info...look at the starting price...waay more $$ than a CarveWright...

Features are
    - 25” x 36” x 5” Cutting Area
    - Bosch PR20EVSK Colt Variable-speed Router
    - Standard 3 axis High Definition Microstep Drive System
    - Rack & Pinion on all Axes
    - Sealed MDF Tabletop
    - Hiwin Bearings And Rails On All Axes
    - Dust Hood
    - E-Stop
    - Limit Switches On All Axes With Soft Limits
    - Welded Frame
    - Cut 2D Design Program
    - Mach 3 Windows PC-Based CNC Control System

Starting at $4995

Upgrades are:
    - T Slot Clamping System - $249.00
    - Aluminum Tooling Plate - $495.00
    - Mini Recoil Indexing Lathe - $995.00
    - Porter Cable 2.25HP Router - $95.00
    - Windows XP Computer & Monitor - $549.00
    - V Carve Pro - $450.00
    - Aspire - $1,800.00
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Initial start up is definitely more than CW, but......

Might be neat for the "serious" hobbiest to add to the CW. I was actually looking more at the full size Camaster with 4th axis for the (work) shop. It could handle some of the larger things I do and use the CW for the smaller stuff. The full size isn't for the hobbiest $$$$, but for the shop I work in it might be nice. Of course the big boss would have to bless off on it. That could be tricky. The hardest part for me would be learning the Vcarve or Aspire.

It is a very nice machine. I think at this time in my business I would sub a job that big out to my Neighbor Guy Mathews with 2 big machines.

AL

http://www.newwavewoodworking.com/
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 05-14-2010 at 02:53 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Man! I wish I had a neighbor like Guy Mathews. You are indeed a lucky man. If you could get Mr. Mcgrew to move in on the other side, you three could put everyone out of business.

This CW machine has lit a fire in me! It has me addicted like a drug to being able to create shapes like never before out of wood. I neeeeeed more(depth that is...)!!!

I'm contemplating building a machine...
    ROCKin' with my Dust Collector - Get the mpc here
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ve-it-yourself

Quote Originally Posted by JDPratt View Post
    Initial start up is definitely more than CW, but......

Might be neat for the "serious" hobbiest to add to the CW. I was actually looking more at the full size Camaster with 4th axis for the (work) shop. It could handle some of the larger things I do and use the CW for the smaller stuff. The full size isn't for the hobbiest $$$$, but for the shop I work in it might be nice. Of course the big boss would have to bless off on it. That could be tricky. The hardest part for me would be learning the Vcarve or Aspire.
    Yeah - most hobbyists couldn't come close to justifying the cost of course. If you ever get one, I actually think the one of the easiest stages would be learning the Aspire and/or VCarve software - you can get productive pretty quickly if you have a good graphics background. But, like almost everything else, you never really stop learning! Also - no need to get BOTH Aspire and VCarve - the Aspire software has everything that VCarve Pro has plus all the modeling and scultping capabilities.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

A good graphics background? Sorry, that is definitely where I would be lacking. Thats why I like this forum so much, there is always someone willing to help out on the patterns. I guess I could always get my boss to hire someone who knows this stuff. Then I could focus on the woodworking aspects. Thats what I really enjoy anyway. CNC just seems to offer so many capabilities to what I can do with my woodworking. That, and the fact that it is a lot quicker than the way I used to do this stuff; chisels and routers.

Default ShopBot's new Tyro

PROTOTYPE PREVIEW: SHOPBOT JAMBOREE (4/23/10)

Three advanced prototypes of the Tyro were shown at this year's ShopBot Jamboree, April 23rd. Gordon Berfgors, head of ShopBot's development group, presented the Tyros and discussed the project. He described how several stages of ShopBotter input have been used to help define the goals for the tool. We are very appreciative of the help and encouragement we've had from ShopBotters and were pleased to give them the first peak at the tool during the Jamboree.
    The tools will have a work area of 18" x 24" x 4" and will be enclosed. They have movement resolution of .00025 with very little backlash. They will be shipped with ShopBot PartWorks software and will be available with a router or spindle. The target price is $3995 (without router). We expect to begin shipping Tyros in about 8 weeks.

Tyro with Router

Tyro with Spindle (enclosure removed for illustration)
    Computers-Yuk....I should junk it...It never does what it should do...only what I tell it.

Default i saw that woodcraft

now has something called the shark for $2500.??
    my patterns are at www.upillar.com do a search for "ptn"

email for patterns: patternmaster@live.com

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast